Week 8: Miami Dolphins (4-3) @ Detroit Lions (1-5)

TheKillerNacho

Week 8: MIA @ DET  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Detroit Lions
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Jared Goff
    • Chase Edmonds
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Alec Ingold
    • D'Andre Swift
    • Jamaal Williams
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Trent Sherfield
    • Amon-Ra St. Brown
    • Josh Reynolds
    • Kalif Raymond
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Durham Smythe
    • T.J. Hockenson
    • Jason Sanders
    • Michael Badgley
    • Dolphins DST
    • Lions DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/30/2022 at 05:00 PM

dolphins-vs-lions-odds-picks-prediction-

The Dolphins avoided losing four straight to the Steelers last Sunday, and now look to their matchup against the lowly Lions. They must avoid falling to them in this trap game, however - the Lions have flashed potential superior to what their 1-5 record would indicate early into the season. Still, they have only scored 6 points in the last two games, so they should be an easier matchup on paper.

I think this is a game that we should dominate, but we'll likely end up winning a nail-biter that is way too close.

Miami 23
Detroit 19

Fins up!

• Like 1

Our secondary is in shambles and the pass rush is intermittent at best.  Lions are gonna score.  But their D is terrible as well and theoretically Tua knocked the rust off last game (he wasn't the Tua we are used to).  I'm predicting a shootout.  

Fins - 34

Lions- 30

• Like 1

If everyone stays healthy, I see it 24-20 Miami.  Even with the D Backfield in shambles all season, we've been a bend but don't break kind of D.  For whatever reasons we are a last minute pull a play out our backside's kind of team, so I think it will be closer than most of us want to admit.  Also, the Lions have talent and good coaching, so I hope we don't take them lightly.

On 10/27/2022 at 6:23 PM, Swampbilly said:

If everyone stays healthy, I see it 24-20 Miami.  Even with the D Backfield in shambles all season, we've been a bend but don't break kind of D.  For whatever reasons we are a last minute pull a play out our backside's kind of team, so I think it will be closer than most of us want to admit.  Also, the Lions have talent and good coaching, so I hope we don't take them lightly.

Talent yes, but good coaching? I'm not sure about that one.

I love Dan Campbell, but he's just not a strong Xs and Os guy, and Aaron Glenn seems waaaay over his head as a defensive coordinator. With their roster, they should be competing for a wild card spot. Instead they have one win.

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Talent yes, but good coaching? I'm not sure about that one.

I love Dan Campbell, but he's just not a strong Xs and Os guy, and Aaron Glenn seems waaaay over his head as a defensive coordinator. With their roster, they should be competing for a wild card spot. Instead they have one win.

He might be better than you think with tactics and he certainly projects as a blue-collar players coach.

22 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Well he certainly hasn't had results at this level.

"Players coaches" are nice but at the end of the day it isn't enough to be a HC. His calling is being a TE coach.

It is his first HC job LOL.  I'm not going out on a limb and declaring he is the greatest HC of any sport ever all time LMAO.  If you believe he is a waste of a HC then you are certainly allowed to have that opinion.  I believe he spent multiple years under Sean Payton and he probably learned a few things about tactics that he didn't know when he was our Interim HC.  We simply appear to disagree on this.

37 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I am absolutely shocked that our secondary filled with players off the street is getting abused.  

Obviously yes, we are depleted in the secondary. So why are we putting so much pressure on them to cover man-to-man so often? They're outmatched. We need a scheme that will confuse Goff, who can be a turnover machine. We aren't creating any confusion at LOS for their protection and their WRs are getting separation far too easily. Might be time to switch to a zone blitz scheme and hope the Lions continue to struggle on defense. And for the love of Don Shula KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE PENALTIES! 

Just now, Tetsujin said:

Eesh, it looked like we had some things figured out defensively before the fake punt. Not allowing the TD at the end of the half might hopefully be the difference.

Everything figured out except to line up behind the damn line of scrimmage.  What is that, 5 of those in the first half?