Quinn traded to Eagles

Chronickerr

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

OTC...

Projected before the move was $115.9...clearing Quinn is $18.2 million added to that figure.

Bears still pay his pro-rated bonus. They clear 14M for 2023.

I went back several years and looked at the largest FA classes by year 1 cap hits. Biggest was the 2018 Jets (70M). I don't think there's any way the Bears spend 130M.

Just now, abstract_thought said:

Bears still pay his pro-rated bonus. They clear 14M for 2023.

I went back several years and looked at the largest FA classes by year 1 cap hits. Biggest was the 2018 Jets (70M). I don't think there's any way the Bears spend 130M.

I don't think we need to spend the whole $130 million...the point is no one is off limits...say Bradley Chubb doesn't get traded before the deadline...we can easily be in the running for him now because we have cleared both Mack & Quinn's salary off the books...getting 27 year old quality pass rusher like that could make a massive difference to this franchise and allow us to still target several other players at key spots while continuing to build through the draft.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think we need to spend the whole $130 million...the point is no one is off limits...say Bradley Chubb doesn't get traded before the deadline...we can easily be in the running for him now because we have cleared both Mack & Quinn's salary off the books...getting 27 year old quality pass rusher like that could make a massive difference to this franchise and allow us to still target several other players at key spots while continuing to build through the draft.

Bears were already in that position before this trade. This deal will have little practical effect on their 2023 plans. It's more about rolling money into 2024 and beyond.

Just now, abstract_thought said:

Bears were already in that position before this trade. This deal will have little practical effect on their 2023 plans. It's more about rolling money into 2024 and beyond.

I have no issue with rolling money forward...we have plenty of cap space for that and for Poles to continue to fix previous mistakes from Pace.

17 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I would agree, really the 4th rounder is the haul....plus we sent Quinn to a contender, which is a cool move on our part.

• Like 1

This is a great outcome by Poles. I was feeling like we would be lucky to get a 5th rounder from a contender at this point. Must have had multiple suitors

Don’t care about eating the money at this point, that’s the way teams in our position should be using excess cap room at this point, leveraging it for future assets.

Even if the Eagles win the Super Bowl, were looking at pick #130/131. That’s a solid talent who we should expect to be contributing right away, if not more

• Like 3