Quinn traded to Eagles

Chronickerr

17 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think we need to spend the whole $130 million...the point is no one is off limits...say Bradley Chubb doesn't get traded before the deadline...we can easily be in the running for him now because we have cleared both Mack & Quinn's salary off the books...getting 27 year old quality pass rusher like that could make a massive difference to this franchise and allow us to still target several other players at key spots while continuing to build through the draft.

*whispers* i think NYG will have a hard time affording saquon and i wouldn't hate if we signed him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Good move for Chicago in a lot of ways you fleeced Philly . Quinn getting older and you guys was going release him next year . Think eagles didn’t care and just said yes quickly with the demand .

I think it was a smart move for both sides. Eagles are in win now mode and are top 5 on both sides of the ball in ppg, but only 5.5 sacks have come from DEs in PHI so far. So Chicago eats his 2022 salary and you get at least a rotational passrusher, even if Graham and Sweat are healthy this keeps them fresh for the postseason. 

My only complaint is I expect the pick to be really late in the round. lol

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I think it was a smart move for both sides. Eagles are in win now mode and are top 5 on both sides of the ball in ppg, but only 5.5 sacks have come from DEs in PHI so far. So Chicago eats his 2022 salary and you get at least a rotational passrusher, even if Graham and Sweat are healthy this keeps them fresh for the postseason. 

My only complaint is I expect the pick to be really late in the round. lol

Idk man if u a Gm would u trade a fourth for a 32 year old DE thats a situational guy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IHatesnyder said:

Idk man if u a Gm would u trade a fourth for a 32 year old DE thats a situational guy?

If I thought it helped win a Super Bowl? Hell yes. That being said I don't think it can be properly graded right now, and I would be uset if the Bears traded a 4th for Quinn at this moment. We are in a total rebuild and I want the young guys taking their lumps now so we can evaluate their growth over the next 8-9 games.  

Also look at Howie's success with the 4th round since like 2010. While he has regularly put out better teams than Chicago he hasn't done well in the 4th round at all anyway. Maddox has looked really good from what I've seen but what other 4th has been re-signed or more than depth since like 2010? (I was a Driscoll fan pre-draft but IDK how he has done) If anything Howie has shown he can retain his studs, hit enough of them to always stay dangerous, and then will supplement that core talent with FA and trades. I have a feeling this is just another one of those kind of moves.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

If I thought it helped win a Super Bowl? Hell yes. That being said I don't think it can be properly graded right now, and I would be uset if the Bears traded a 4th for Quinn at this moment. We are in a total rebuild and I want the young guys taking their lumps now so we can evaluate their growth over the next 8-9 games.  

Also look at Howie's success with the 4th round since like 2010. While he has regularly put out better teams than Chicago he hasn't done well in the 4th round at all anyway. Maddox has looked really good from what I've seen but what other 4th has been re-signed or more than depth since like 2010? (I was a Driscoll fan pre-draft but IDK how he has done) If anything Howie has shown he can retain his studs, hit enough of them to always stay dangerous, and then will supplement that core talent with FA and trades. I have a feeling this is just another one of those kind of moves.

howie sucks at drafting 

and there some guys rn who probably they could of signed without trading , dee ford etc 

good move for Chicago tho 😜

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Never pay running backs. Regardless of rebuild or not.

I say never pay RBs long term

If we are sitting this offseason, and Monty wants to come back for what essentially boils down to a 2 year deal, Id be completely fine with it. 

I like Herbert, but he still worries me that he cant do it all (emphasis on pass blocking), so keeping that duo going while we build up the rest of the roster would be a nice security blanket

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I say never pay RBs long term

If we are sitting this offseason, and Monty wants to come back for what essentially boils down to a 2 year deal, Id be completely fine with it. 

I like Herbert, but he still worries me that he cant do it all (emphasis on pass blocking), so keeping that duo going while we build up the rest of the roster would be a nice security blanket

I completely agree…give a quality RB $2 million more per year if it means you can sign him for only a couple of years at a time…

I also agree that Herbert looks good and has more than earned his carries but I would still want another productive back here to share the load and do some of the things Herbert isn’t great with…I love Monty’s effort & heart when he runs but it doesn’t get me away from the fact he has averaged under 4 yards throughout his career…this FA class of RBs & the draft is loaded with quality options and we need to get more explosive…Tony Pollard would be my #1 target but after that there are still a load of guys who could bring a lot to this team.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I also agree that Herbert looks good and has more than earned his carries but I would still want another productive back here to share the load and do some of the things Herbert isn’t great with…I love Monty’s effort & heart when he runs but it doesn’t get me away from the fact he has averaged under 4 yards throughout his career…this FA class of RBs & the draft is loaded with quality options and we need to get more explosive…Tony Pollard would be my #1 target but after that there are still a load of guys who could bring a lot to this team

I’m actually thinking the other way. Until we feel like this offense is on the cusp, I’m fine with just running a solid group at the RB spot.

Id actually, if we love on from Monty, would like to give Herbert the lead spot next year to see what he can do with it, and grab a Jamal Williams to pair him with. 

2024 and 2025 both have pretty great Free Agent classes at RB too