Quinn traded to Eagles

Chronickerr

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m actually thinking the other way. Until we feel like this offense is on the cusp, I’m fine with just running a solid group at the RB spot.

Id actually, if we love on from Monty, would like to give Herbert the lead spot next year to see what he can do with it, and grab a Jamal Williams to pair him with. 

2024 and 2025 both have pretty great Free Agent classes at RB too

I just worry that we would be passing up on a big opportunity to continue the growth of this offence in doing that…teams like the Ravens & Eagles are showing you that having an explosive running game between QB & RBs is a way to win in todays NFL with so much focus on the passing game…defences are catching up to passing attacks by playing a lot of two deep shell style defence…now on offence is the time to zig while the defences have zagged…have that running attack that forces defences to respect that first and foremost then hit those big passing plays over the top as explosive gains…you have Fields/Pollard or Herbert in the backfield you aren’t playing two deep all day…that then opens up play action and explosive passing plays…it’s a cheap way to help your offence a hell of a lot…seeing it this year with the Jets & Seahawks and young quality backs as well.

12 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

teams like the Ravens & Eagles are showing you that having an explosive running game between QB & RBs is a way to win in todays NFL with so much focus on the passing game…

But neither of those teams went out and got big time RBs. It’s about the scheme and the Line. I’m all about that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

But neither of those teams went out and got big time RBs. It’s about the scheme and the Line. I’m all about that. 

Both used 2nd round picks on RBs in recent years with Sanders & Dobbins respectively...I would rather spend $7-$8 million for a few years on a quality back than a 2nd rounder...

I do agree though the OL plays a huge role and we 100% need to add talent there well before a RB.

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Both used 2nd round picks on RBs in recent years with Sanders & Dobbins respectively...I would rather spend $7-$8 million for a few years on a quality back than a 2nd rounder...

While correct, I wouldn’t call either of those guys the catalyst to their respective running games. Baltimore may have it jump to another level with Dobbins, but they have been doing it without him since using that pick in him. 

And while Sanders is the clear lead back in Philly, it doesn’t really fall off when Gainwell gets in. Even Howard and Scott ran well last year while they were really rolling. 

28 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I do agree though the OL plays a huge role and we 100% need to add talent there well before a RB.

Yea this is kind of my point. While hanging on to Monty a bit is my preference, Id be fine with rolling Herbert/Ebner/Solid Veteran/Mid Round Pick for a year or 2 while we solidify this offense. Then maybe in 2025, we buck up for a Javonte Williams, assuming Fields is who we’re rolling with, we’ve got the OL in place, and have atleast one major receiving weapon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m actually thinking the other way. Until we feel like this offense is on the cusp, I’m fine with just running a solid group at the RB spot.

Id actually, if we love on from Monty, would like to give Herbert the lead spot next year to see what he can do with it, and grab a Jamal Williams to pair him with. 

2024 and 2025 both have pretty great Free Agent classes at RB too

Honestly I think Monty and Herbert our more then just a sum of thier parts.  After the D gets smacked in the face buy Monty for a  couple of series Herbert comes in with his bust and surprises them and just as thier adapting to Herbert burst Monty comes back in and smacks them in the face againt.

44 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

While correct, I wouldn’t call either of those guys the catalyst to their respective running games. Baltimore may have it jump to another level with Dobbins, but they have been doing it without him since using that pick in him. 

And while Sanders is the clear lead back in Philly, it doesn’t really fall off when Gainwell gets in. Even Howard and Scott ran well last year while they were really rolling. 

Yea this is kind of my point. While hanging on to Monty a bit is my preference, Id be fine with rolling Herbert/Ebner/Solid Veteran/Mid Round Pick for a year or 2 while we solidify this offense. Then maybe in 2025, we buck up for a Javonte Williams, assuming Fields is who we’re rolling with, we’ve got the OL in place, and have atleast one major receiving weapon

Neither may be the catalyst however both have been important parts of their offences when healthy...the point I am making is these franchises understand you still need to invest in that spot...I wouldn't mind Monty back but I just don't think he gives us that sort of explosiveness which makes us dangerous from anywhere on the field which is the type of offence I see Poles wanting to build...

I also don't feel it has to be an either or this offseason given the resources we have...I feel we can add 2 maybe even three linemen and still afford a quality RB.

7 hours ago, Bfan said:

As for the Quinn trade I think I might be rooting for Philly to win the Super bowel this year, unless a multi miracle happens and the Bears make it.

Man I had a super bowel for a while in 06,  spent an entire month in Thailand eating street food and didn't get sick once. ******* ruled. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Neither may be the catalyst however both have been important parts of their offences when healthy...the point I am making is these franchises understand you still need to invest in that spot...I wouldn't mind Monty back but I just don't think he gives us that sort of explosiveness which makes us dangerous from anywhere on the field which is the type of offence I see Poles wanting to build...

I also don't feel it has to be an either or this offseason given the resources we have...I feel we can add 2 maybe even three linemen and still afford a quality RB.

Honestly I'd be fine with going out for Barkley, Hunt or Pollard. We need a receiver out of thr backfield and that will open up a lot more for Fields. He's on a rookie deal for 2 more years and the 5th year option potentially so this is the only time I would want to spend heavy on it. Kind of rolling cap percentage for QB and HB into one. When your QB is making franchise QB money, then you shuttle a lot of that koney away from the spot and just use rookie contracts and mid-level vet deals imo.

You can set up the deal to be front heavy these next two years to take advantage of the big cap availability. We could do that for our top 3-4 FA deals honestly and still fill a roster pretty easily. That would allow better cap flexibility the next year or two since EJax is likely out and no one knows what will happen with Roquan atm. And while I am a big supporter of Roquan being extended, who would help Fields develop more - Saquon or Roquan? Idgad about where people slot their preferences, sustained success is determined more by the QB than any other position. So support him and know if you're re-signing a megadeal or moving on to the next young prospect. There's no in-between to me anymore.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

With how EJax has played this year why would he be out next year? 

Sorry, I worded that poorly. Not next year, 2024. I'm very happy with EJax this year and he's made me eat crow. BUT... let's see if he plays like this all this season and next. If there is a drop off next year then I'm not keeping him for $18 mil to be anything less than great. 

Roquan is who might be gone in 2023. 

15 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Man I had a super bowel for a while in 06,  spent an entire month in Thailand eating street food and didn't get sick once. ******* ruled. 

Gotta love spell check🤪

Edited by Bfan