2022 GDT 2-5 Steelers visit the 6-0 Eagles

Steeler Hitman

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

No starters and the best you can call a leader, Trubisky, is someone that called out coaching.

Real locker room leadership is parroting the company line, almost like reading a prepared script from your head coach at your locker each week...the one he gave you when you were over for dinner at his house the prior night. It isn't saying the things that actually need to be said or speaking up for your teammates or anything like that. And it's doing all of this while averaging 3.3 YPC...

The idea that you can perform as a unit like the Steelers offense has the last two years and that guys won't get frustrated or start questioning the leadership they are receiving from their coaching staffs is patently absurd. 

Edited by CKSteeler

Here is my current mock draft:

Round 1: Peter Skoronski Northwestern OT
Round 2: Siaki Ika Baylor NT
Round 3: Mekhi Garner LSU CB
Round 4: Beaux Limmer Arkansas G
Round 7a: Julian Fleming Ohio State WR
Round 7b: Brett Johnson California DE

16 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I’ve heard good things about Ika but some including @jebrick think Skoronski is an OG at the NFL….but probsbly a very good one.

I don’t know anybody else.

1 minute ago, AFF said:

I’ve heard good things about Ika but some including @jebrick think Skoronski is an OG at the NFL….but probsbly a very good one.

I don’t know anybody else.

I want to see Skoronski’s arm length. He doesn’t look all that different from Rashawn Slater. Listed as the same height, Sko is listed at 10lbs heavier. I remember there was talk of moving Slater to OG and his stock dropping because of lack of length and he’s been a very good NFL LT. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Curious if Boswells out changed anything. Needed to create a sudden roster spot. 

Nevermind! Signed the kicker to the practice squad. I wondered if they could do that. Felt like a loophole to a roster spot. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I want to see Skoronski’s arm length. He doesn’t look all that different from Rashawn Slater. Listed as the same height, Sko is listed at 10lbs heavier. I remember there was talk of moving Slater to OG and his stock dropping because of lack of length and he’s been a very good NFL LT. 

Good point.

18 hours ago, DR43 said:

Skoronski might be a decent OT.  I worry about his length vs NFL players.  He will be an all-pro OG.  Fanica or DeCastro style.  All depends on how you judge his length.  For me, if I have any hesitantly about his length I would move him down as a OT.  That being said, the Steelers can use an OG as well. 

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Skoronski might be a decent OT.  I worry about his length vs NFL players.  He will be an all-pro OG.  Fanica or DeCastro style.  All depends on how you judge his length.  For me, if I have any hesitantly about his length I would move him down as a OT.  That being said, the Steelers can use an OG as well. 

Dont you agree that guard is the bigger of the two issues?

There's nothing wrong with the Steelers guards. Dotson still has potential. I'd prioritize tackle, especially if they are drafting high as it looks like they will be.

There is also something seriously wrong with their thought process at RB. Etienne is looking like one of the most explosive RB's in the league. A lot of us wanted him over Harris. The team has this obsession with their idea of a workhorse back who is 220 lb's and will churn out 4 yards at a time. It's dinosaur thinking. I won't point fingers as to who I think is responsible for it, but it needs to change. That Harris pick is looking worse by the day, and they could have had a guy who looks like a real gamebreaker there even if they wanted a RB.

• Like 1