Bucs vs Ravens

BucsDraftGeek47

I don't feel bad for Brady. He looks miserable and tired and checked out mentally. 

The coaching staff has no fire, energy, creativity and just lacks juice. The team has checked out as well. 

Bowles is not getting fired. Glazers won't can the Head Coach during the season. Assistants will go. One of the Co-DC's and Leftwich - shouldn't feel comfortable heading into this weekend. I think Leftwich is going to be forced out. He got lucky after carolina bc it's a bad move to fire your OC 3 days before the next game on a short week. Now they'll have time for the new OC to get a game plan together. 

Bc we play in a soft division - Playoffs are still in reach but this team is no playoff team. Theres talent but I'm disappointed. Vita Vea is absolutely atrocious. He let the money get to him and has checked out. Carlton Davis is hurt again but even before that - sucked. These guys just quit when they receive checks or what? Atleast Devin White decided to play his way out of a contract extension (thankfuly). 

Licht and his staff put us in cap hell to make one more run. Now we're entering a rebuild with too much dead cap space and no draft capital going into the offseason. 2021 was a complete waste of a draft year. 2022 is looking rough as well. Bad signings in Lenny and Gage. Barrett checked out when he got paid. I like Jason Licht but he might be better off running the head of Football Operations and hiring a new GM to replace him. 

From the coaching perspective, I'm not sure of the details behind BA retiring. But apparently - this was the plan when BA was hired - that if the opportunity came, they would groom Bowles to be the guy. I'm thinking that might have been a story for PR - but it would be stupid for Licht to allow BA to pick the next coach especially when he was dry up in NY with the Jets. Was BA retiring the reason Brady would come back? Who knows - but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Last offseason there were some quality candidates to pick from. BA might have realized if Licht and the Glazers opened up the search - there would've been better candidates on the market than Bowles/Leftwich. Heck i think Leftwich was getting the Adam Gase and Josh McDaniels treatment with HOF QB's singing their praises as references (manning and brady). 

• Like 1

I kinda figured we'd take a big step back this season strictly due to the schedule, but I never envisioned this. Coaching is abysmal and the players look like they don't give a ****, Brady included. 

Ryan Succop is literally the only player who I can say anything positive about 8 weeks into the season. He's the only guy consistently doing his job out there. 

11 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

I kinda figured we'd take a big step back this season strictly due to the schedule, but I never envisioned this. Coaching is abysmal and the players look like they don't give a ****, Brady included. 

Ryan Succop is literally the only player who I can say anything positive about 8 weeks into the season. He's the only guy consistently doing his job out there. 

Maybe add Dean and Winfield but I agree. Man, the offseason is going to be bad. All that cap magic the last two years to keep players is going to haunt us. No more Free Agents being signed under market value. Belichik fleeced us when he dumped Mason over for a day 3 pick too lol. 

Vea, Lenny and Carlton - 3 guys who got PAID - all checked out. Really shows you the true colors of players when they take the money and run. 

56 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Maybe add Dean and Winfield but I agree. Man, the offseason is going to be bad. All that cap magic the last two years to keep players is going to haunt us. No more Free Agents being signed under market value. Belichik fleeced us when he dumped Mason over for a day 3 pick too lol. 

Vea, Lenny and Carlton - 3 guys who got PAID - all checked out. Really shows you the true colors of players when they take the money and run. 

I never thought carlton or Lenny deserved money 

Vea has been alright, but not up to his usual standards.

Really just comes down to coaching for me.  Good coaches know how to motivate players,  or they trade em.

44 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Would really only say that Lenny has checked out of those that you listed, Carlton has been hurt but when looking at targets and receptions, it's been about the same as the last 2 seasons. Vea I think is struggling occassionally not having someone like Suh next to him but we're talking about a DT that is basically being double teamed most snaps and still has 5 sacks, it also doesn't help that he is helping create the holes that White keeps over running or not filling which leads to those big runs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I never thought carlton or Lenny deserved money 

Vea has been alright, but not up to his usual standards.

Really just comes down to coaching for me.  Good coaches know how to motivate players,  or they trade em.

you know it's hard to tell if it's 100% coaching. Because the execution sucks. It's not Byron Leftwich throwing balls at the feet of open receivers. It's not Leftwich taking sacks last night when theres a wide open Otton crossing the middle and he held on to the ball. Yes, Leftwich has had some very questionable playcalls this year. But when i've seen guys like Chris Simms break down film of guys like Russell Wilson where Hackett is getting torched on his RZ playcalls - it's actually the execution and lack of visibility of the open route that is open vs they inept play calling the media is so preciously calling out. 

Again - I don't discredit the issue folks have with the coaching staff. I have it too bc guys look flat. However - execution is on the players bc I do see guys open and I do see good protection on some plays. But I also think Brady's arm is gone. That throw to a wide open scotty miller last night in the 4th - in 2020 , Tom hit him in stride down the sideline. Last night the ball was not even close. 

25 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

you know it's hard to tell if it's 100% coaching. Because the execution sucks. It's not Byron Leftwich throwing balls at the feet of open receivers. It's not Leftwich taking sacks last night when theres a wide open Otton crossing the middle and he held on to the ball. Yes, Leftwich has had some very questionable playcalls this year. But when i've seen guys like Chris Simms break down film of guys like Russell Wilson where Hackett is getting torched on his RZ playcalls - it's actually the execution and lack of visibility of the open route that is open vs they inept play calling the media is so preciously calling out. 

Again - I don't discredit the issue folks have with the coaching staff. I have it too bc guys look flat. However - execution is on the players bc I do see guys open and I do see good protection on some plays. But I also think Brady's arm is gone. That throw to a wide open scotty miller last night in the 4th - in 2020 , Tom hit him in stride down the sideline. Last night the ball was not even close. 

No I agree 

Brady looked awful last night

But based off of today's news of his divorce,  I can understand that he's not ALL there rn

He also doesn't trust our OLine so he's not doing a good job of looking through his progressions

I expect him to get back to full speed in the next few weeks and really dive into his work. Otherwise it's season over anyway.

But the playcalling is still atrocious, julio should have never been signed, Lenny has zero vision. If Leftwich isn't fired soon idk if he will be fired at all . Jesus , worst case scenario is they fire Bowles and make Leftwich interim 🤢🤮🤢🤮

I really believe that if someone is fired soon,  it'll rejuvenate the squad a bit, kinda like in soccer to what they refer to as a " new manager bounce ".

I think Otton and Rachaad are hidden gems that will be unleashed when we get a new staff.

If we can sell Devin for anything, that's a win. I'd even look to trade Carlton, he could net a very decent pick, and we need cash to lock up Dean.

I'm already giving up on Bowles 

35 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

No I agree 

Brady looked awful last night

But based off of today's news of his divorce,  I can understand that he's not ALL there rn

He also doesn't trust our OLine so he's not doing a good job of looking through his progressions

I expect him to get back to full speed in the next few weeks and really dive into his work. Otherwise it's season over anyway.

But the playcalling is still atrocious, julio should have never been signed, Lenny has zero vision. If Leftwich isn't fired soon idk if he will be fired at all . Jesus , worst case scenario is they fire Bowles and make Leftwich interim 🤢🤮🤢🤮

I really believe that if someone is fired soon,  it'll rejuvenate the squad a bit, kinda like in soccer to what they refer to as a " new manager bounce ".

I think Otton and Rachaad are hidden gems that will be unleashed when we get a new staff.

If we can sell Devin for anything, that's a win. I'd even look to trade Carlton, he could net a very decent pick, and we need cash to lock up Dean.

I'm already giving up on Bowles 

Call me crazy but I think the Special Teams coordinator is the first to go. I don;t think it'll be Byron. I think the relationship between him and brady will save that until the end of the year. 

Davis and White I feel can net a 3rd round pick each. Devin has got to go. Let Britt come in and play or even a Free agent off the street can do better. Why did we trade Stuard? lol 

The season is lost. We can make the playoffs but it'll be bc the division is made up of limp teams. 

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Call me crazy but I think the Special Teams coordinator is the first to go. I don;t think it'll be Byron. I think the relationship between him and brady will save that until the end of the year. 

Davis and White I feel can net a 3rd round pick each. Devin has got to go. Let Britt come in and play or even a Free agent off the street can do better. Why did we trade Stuard? lol 

The season is lost. We can make the playoffs but it'll be bc the division is made up of limp teams. 

Special teams has been trash since before BA got here

I think we're cursed to have terrible special teams for all time. Never ever been a good special teams team.

I posted this in the other topic but we should really just let Devin play edge now that Shaq is out for the season. He can't miss many coverage assignments playing edge. Just start Britt inside. Stuard makes Devin look like an all pro tbh.