Trade! K Toney for a 3 n 6

Chiefs_5627

1 minute ago, Bullyball said:

I like the talent; he needs to mature a little bit. If he does then I believe he can strive in this offense with Patty. Now Veach needs to go address the D-line he always seems to ignore. Go get Bradley Chubb or Josh Allen.

I'm guessing Elway (or whomever pulls the strings in Denver) would rather die than trade us Chubb lol but Allen would be cool. Comes down to money tho, n we don't have much unless Veach pulls out his calculator.

Cost is a tad higher than I would've liked, but generally I like it. We knew we had more picks than we were going to carry into the draft this year. I think it is an important distinction that this is us trading our 2nd 3rd round pick and our 2nd 6th round pick. It isn't like we are absent of the third round, now.

I posted this in the News thread, but I do think this is a trade for next year. I don't think he adds much right away. Maybe throw him at punt returner, give him some screens and YAC opportunities. But I doubt he sees substantial snaps right away. But this has bigger potential when Juju and Hardman potentially move on.

• Like 1

I’m not a fan at all. WR was looking like a big need next year and still is imo. Although, if Ross can return healthy he has a real shot at being very good.

I’ve heard a lot of putting Toney at PR this season across social media and radio to get him touches. Fun fact, Skyy has more punt returns than Toney - even when including college.

I like this,  I was a big fan of Toney though.     3 years left, plus a 5th year option.      I think this does more for future needs than now.

Biggest question I would have is if Yung Joka is still concentrating on his rap career as much as his NFL.   But I trust Andy will deal with that with ease.  

• Like 1

I like it if only because he's a plus PR. 

Really, what's not to like? He was taken a tad early but everyone had him going top 50. He was a ST ace at Florida and provides a gadget player option for Reid to play with. We have two rookie contract years and the cost is moderate.  

Can’t be mad at the trade. It was the compensatory pick for losing Poles. Skyy has been rough on PR; plus give the team 3 years of control over Skyy and KT now. 

now, I think Hardman walks after this year, MVS can leave and JUJU also, so they had to do something