Week 12: GameDay Thread Titans (6-4) vs. Colts (3-7)

KingTitan

Finally....... It is time for the Titans to return to game action. Fresh off a humbling Thursday night game against AFC Champion contender Pittsburgh Steelers, the Titans are looking to return to winning ways. After finally ending an 11 game losing streak to the Colts, the Titans are looking to start a new winning streak.

The Titans are one game back in the division (1 game behind the 7-3 Jaguars), yet they control their own destiny. They own the tiebreaker against the Jags with a head to head victory. If it comes down to a Week 17 battle, the Titans would have to beat the Jags in their own home.
The Colts have recently been cursed after landing a lot of Luck with the selection of their star QB. However, Andrew Luck has no true timetable when he will return to action.

Image result for colts vs. titans eddie george

Eddie George with a game sealing run in the AFC playoffs

Image result for colts vs. titans

Derrick Henry sealed a victory with a long TD run of his own this season.

The Titans defense has performed admirably against several opponents this season.  However, they have had a couple of games where the dam has broken and flooded the town below.

Colts have the 25th ranked offense (yards)/31st(scoring) and 3rd offense (Yards)/25th(Scoring).

They may move the ball, but they don't score often.

Titans should win it’s the time of year the big boys come to play and I think the Titans get back on track. 

Mariota has his legs back the Titans should look better than they did on Monday Night 

I hope the run Game finds a way to get going 

Corey Davis needs to really start putting good games together not just a good catch and that’s it for the day 

Vegas has had the lines moving from back and forth between -3 1/2 and -4 1/2 Titans.  Currently, the line is a -4 Titans with an O/U of 44... essentially saying they see it as 24-20 Titans...

Edit:  They also have the Jags in that range... currently at -4 1/2, but with an O/U of 38 (Jax winning 21-17).  It looks like AZ is sticking with Gabbert, FWIW... 

4 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Vegas has had the lines moving from back and forth between -3 1/2 and -4 1/2 Titans.  Currently, the line is a -4 Titans with an O/U of 44... essentially saying they see it as 24-20 Titans...

Edit:  They also have the Jags in that range... currently at -4 1/2, but with an O/U of 38 (Jax winning 21-17).  It looks like AZ is sticking with Gabbert, FWIW... 

Oh man, Gabbert hurting the Jags playoff chances one last time would be something special.

Anyways, if we lose this game, I'm warning everybody now that this place is going to be real negative. And I'm probably going to add to it.

This team needs to come out with some fire. There's no excuse for not winning these next four games and essentially locking up a playoff spot.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Lol @ 5-3. 

**Cringes at the thought that it could actually happen***

Lol I can already hear Mularkey's press conference after the game. "This is a tough football team. We never quit. It's not always pretty. It's hard to win in this league."

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Anyways, if we lose this game, I'm warning everybody now that this place is going to be real negative. And I'm probably going to add to it.

This team needs to come out with some fire. There's no excuse for not winning these next four games and essentially locking up a playoff spot.

If we lose this game, I dont think you'll see anyone trying to spin this. Outside the Miami game (without Mariota mind you), we haven't lost a game we had no business losing. We have no business losing this game.

But I think I've realized where the disconnect comes from... And its perceived expectations. Most of us, at the beggining of the season expected improvement, and would have been great with 10 wins and a playoff berth. 

With Luck missing all year, and with what's happened in Houston, suddenly some posters' expectations changed. Obviously, we had an increased shot of winning the division, but those injuries didn't make us a "better" team. We are who we are... 10 wins and a playoff team... But not a serious contender... Not yet. If you told me at the beggining of the season that we'd be on pace for 10 wins, even as the offense struggled through injuries to key players and ineffectiveness/regression from Mariota (at least statistically), the line and Murray... I'd take it. And that's where we're at...

And so I believe that's where the disconnect is at. Mariota, prior to the Thursday debacle, wasn't playing worse than he did last year. The numbers weren't matching up, but he was a few drops and misreads from being on pace with last year's numbers.

It might not be the prettiest... But we're still growing. We've had some growing pains but we're also learning to win close games. We may not be a contender yet, but we've built a good young tough team who hasn't filled our potential yet. But were on the right track I believe... Still moving forward, even if it hasn't been the prettiest ride so far.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

@ragevsuall17 I agree -- marcus hasn't regressed. He's doing very very little things better than last year (lives to play another down more than last year, no fumbles). He just hasn't made the leap yet (he will)

That is an important thing. he was fumbling like crazy before. no fumbles this year

Just now, KingTitan said:

That is an important thing. he was fumbling like crazy before. no fumbles this year

He had no real offseason, our OL kinda sucks, playcalling sucks, WR play has dropped off IMO, and our run game sucks. Marcus is the least of our problems

8 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

And so I believe that's where the disconnect is at. Mariota, prior to the Thursday debacle, wasn't playing worse than he did last year.

This is part of my problem. Entering his third year, how many of us wanted to be typing the words, "Mariota, prior to the Thursday debacle, wasn't playing worse than he did last year." 

I'm genuinely not trying to be super negative here, but man, you'd like to think that a second year with the same coaching staff, virtually every starter returning and theoretical upgrades at wide receiver, we wouldn't be talking about Marcus not getting significantly worse.

11 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

And its perceived expectations.

This is definitely the disconnect. I haven't put it quite this way, but it's where a lot of my complaints have come. I expected us to be better than we were last year. Not just in terms of record, but in terms of general on-field performance. And I don't see it. We're worse offensively. I don't think that's in any way debatable. We're allowing more points and getting to the quarterback with less frequency than last year on the defensive end.

Part of it is on me for thinking that a very similar roster would suddenly take a jump. But with $60 million in cap room and a pair of first-round picks, I let my expectations get higher than perhaps they had any right to be.

IMO, Mariota is better this year than he was last year.  He's never had good pocket awareness but it's better this season than last.  Fumbling issue is not a huge issue anymore.  My untrained eye and PFF says he's handling pressure better and our line is worse than it was last season.  And because of our scheme, he has to make high level throws into very, very tight windows, which he does.  There are no easy throws in this scheme.  He's underrated.

Archived