Week 12 GDT: The Wentzlyvania Jorts Destroyers (9-1) vs Chicago Funshine Bears (3-7)

EaglesPeteC

50 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

What's with all the Eagles hate on these talk shows? Not one of them will give philly the credit they deserve. Even after scoring 30+ points in 4 straight. 

It's honestly perplexing to me. I know the Eagles get a lot of praise, but there's also a lot of resistance too. The Rams look good for the first time in forever and everybody is excited and hyped up about how "dangerous" they are. Very little resistance (until this weekend) to the Rams hype. They haven't accomplished jack squat. Everyone's similarly ready to pump up the Saints. Yeah, are they good? But hardly anyone tries to take the wind out of their sails.

Just now, Phire said:

It's honestly perplexing to me. I know the Eagles get a lot of praise, but there's also a lot of resistance too. The Rams look good for the first time in forever and everybody is excited and hyped up about how "dangerous" they are. Very little resistance (until this weekend) to the Rams hype. They haven't accomplished jack squat. Everyone's similarly ready to pump up the Saints. Yeah, are they good? But hardly anyone tries to take the wind out of their sails.

The reason I have confidence in the Saints is because it's not just the Drew Brees show this time around. They're actually a very good running team and their defense seems to be the real deal with Marshon Lattimore. They seem very well rounded and are still the team I feel the least confident in facing in the NFC.

Somehow the Saints 8-game win streak is more impressive than the Eagles 8-game win streak because the Saints started it at 0-2 whereas the Eagles started theirs at 1-1, according to the national media. 9_9

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

The reason I have confidence in the Saints is because it's not just the Drew Brees show this time around. They're actually a very good running team and their defense seems to be the real deal with Marshon Lattimore. They seem very well rounded and are still the team I feel the least confident in facing in the NFC.

Right, I'm not saying the Saints are bad, I've just noticed that people are ready to jump on the Saints/Rams bandwagon without a second thought while there's a strong contingency of people who are trying to explain why we're not as good as our record/performances. 

3 minutes ago, 808 said:

Somehow the Saints 8-game win streak is more impressive than the Eagles 8-game win streak because the Saints started it at 0-2 whereas the Eagles started theirs at 1-1, according to the national media. 9_9

Had to come from behind in the 2nd half to beat the Brett Hundley Packers, beat the Trubisky Bears by 8, and needed 18 points in the 4th quarter against the Washington Deadskins who have like 40 players on injury reserve. 

And yet, somehow that's more impressive than the Eagles beating every team by like 30 lol.

Just now, Phire said:

Right, I'm not saying the Saints are bad, I've just noticed that people are ready to jump on the Saints/Rams bandwagon without a second thought while there's a strong contingency of people who are trying to explain why we're not as good as our record/performances. 

Because the Philadelphia fanbase is so supportive of the Eagles that everyone else feels the need to be contrary. The Saints and the Rams fanbases aren't as nationally prominent as ours is. It's why everyone hates the Cowboys, because there are fans all over the place (for ridiculous reasons in their case)

Archived