Predictions for the rest of the season

AJAK

Here's how I think the rest of the Packers schedule plays out, its definitely one of the more difficult schedules.

@Bills - L (Packers won't be embarrassed)

@Lions - W (Must win, If they lose then the season is officially over)

Cowboys - W (This is the game where the Packers revive their season and beat McCarthy on his return to Lambeau)

Titans - W (I think they will contain Derrick Henry and therefore win fairly easily)

@Eagles - L (I think they lose a close one here)

@Bears - W (Overtake the Bears on all time regular season wins)

Rams - W (Big game on MNF at Lambeau coming off a bye week, and Rodgers usually plays well against the Rams)

@Dolphins - L (A road game in Florida is always a potential banana skin)

Vikings - W (Packers win a close one)

Lions - W (Hopefully clinch a playoff berth with this win)

10-7 is the best record this team can achieve from here on out I believe. 10-7 should be enough to earn a playoff spot in this years NFC. I think they'll play the Vikings in the wild card round if they make the playoffs.

I think they will be tied with the Bears for all time regular season wins coming into Week 13. Eerily enough, the Packers can overtake the Bears on all time wins on the same day that the Bears joined the all time wins list (Dec 4th 1921) after beating the Buffalo All Americans and have been on top of the all times win list ever since.

Lets see how things play out.

On 10/30/2022 at 6:39 AM, AJAK said:
Here's how I think the rest of the Packers schedule plays out, its definitely one of the more difficult schedules.

@Lions - W (Must win, If they lose then the season is officially over)  Its a good thing their D is worse than ours.

Cowboys - W (This is the game where the Packers revive their season and beat McCarthy on his return to Lambeau)  Dallas has a good D.  I don't see a W here.

Titans - W (I think they will contain Derrick Henry and therefore win fairly easily)  Seriously?  We are terrible against the run. L.

@Eagles - L (I think they lose a close one here)  I think the Eagles are the best team in the league.  It will about as 'close' as last night.

Rams - W (Big game on MNF at Lambeau coming off a bye week, and Rodgers usually plays well against the Rams)  Rams aren't that great this year so we have a chance. W.

@Dolphins - L (A road game in Florida is always a potential banana skin)  Dolphins are schizophrenic so who knows?  They had a hard time against the Lions. W.

Vikings - W (Packers win a close one)  Unless MN gets hammered with injuries I don't see a W here.

Lions - W (Hopefully clinch a playoff berth with this win)  Playoffs?  lol

10-7 is the best record this team can achieve from here on out I believe. 10-7 should be enough to earn a playoff spot in this years NFC. I think they'll play the Vikings in the wild card round if they make the playoffs.

I think they will be tied with the Bears for all time regular season wins coming into Week 13. Eerily enough, the Packers can overtake the Bears on all time wins on the same day that the Bears joined the all time wins list (Dec 4th 1921) after beating the Buffalo All Americans and have been on top of the all times win list ever since.

I think we'll end up 7-10 and will miss the playoffs.  We are not a playoff caliber team.   We just have too many issues to go toe to toe with the better teams in this league.

On 10/30/2022 at 6:39 AM, AJAK said:

@Lions - W (Must win, If they lose then the season is officially over)

Cowboys - W (This is the game where the Packers revive their season and beat McCarthy on his return to Lambeau)

Titans - W (I think they will contain Derrick Henry and therefore win fairly easily)

@Eagles - L (I think they lose a close one here)

Rams - W (Big game on MNF at Lambeau coming off a bye week, and Rodgers usually plays well against the Rams)

@Dolphins - L (A road game in Florida is always a potential banana skin)

Vikings - W (Packers win a close one)

Lions - W (Hopefully clinch a playoff berth with this win)

I'm so mixed on what I want to happen, because honestly I don't think we are good enough for a run. That being said Sundays have really sucked lol. I think if your prediction happens and we could go wild card and then beat the Vikings in the playoffs that would make it all worth it. If not. I probably would rather spare the embarrassment and maybe get a decent pick. 

• Like 1

I dont think we’ll go on a run. I see this team imploding. Theres dissension in the ranks on defense. Its gonna boil over, but theres not enough leadership on that side for the players only meeting that changes everything. Are people really going to listen to Jaire after he got embarrassed last week?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

I dont think we’ll go on a run. I see this team imploding. Theres dissension in the ranks on defense. Its gonna boil over, but theres not enough leadership on that side for the players only meeting that changes everything. Are people really going to listen to Jaire after he got embarrassed last week?

I agree, I think it’s pretty much over. Going to be real interesting to see what this team does when they’re officially mathematically eliminated, but they’ll put up a facade until then. No big changes for another 4-5 games I would reckon. 

I think we might squeak into the playoffs.  They played fairly decent against Buffalo last night.  That effort wins a lot of games against teams not called Buffalo.  Will they keep up that effort??  The formula calls for pounding the rock.  If they can do that vs Buffalo, they should be okay against lesser teams on their schedule.  It's all about effort, get that and they could be in the mix.

If we win this week, I'd say 6-11.  If they lose this week, I'd say 5-12 and the tailspin will lead to the potential firing of a coach down the road.

@Lions - W (The wheels fall off the bus if we lose this game)

Cowboys - L (McCarthy's revenge)

Titans - L (This could be a possible win, but the Titans are tougher than us)

@Eagles - L (We'll play hard but come up short)

@Bears - W (With all the players the Bears got rid of on defense, we better win this game.  But its their Super Bowl so all bets are off)

Rams - L (Rams have more to play for by this time in the season)

@Dolphins - L (It's in Florida, do I need to say more)

Vikings - W (Vikings have the North wrapped up and play their back-ups)

Lions - L (Love plays and the Lions play hard to the end)

Edited by minnypackerfan

The teams we've lost to are a combined 27-11. Take out the five wins against us and they're a combined 22-11. Most of these games have been close. 

The second half against the Bills we looked like a team that was putting it's fundamentals together. The o-line has been improved since the realignment two weeks ago. The defense has flashed. 

Just keep watching the games, folks. We're not as bad as you think.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sandy said:

The teams we've lost to are a combined 27-11. Take out the five wins against us and they're a combined 22-11. Most of these games have been close. 

The second half against the Bills we looked like a team that was putting it's fundamentals together. The o-line has been improved since the realignment two weeks ago. The defense has flashed. 

We looked that way because the bills took their foot off the gas. Im tired of the “well we looked good in this half” nonsense. We looked good after getting destroyed in the first half? Gtfo with that nonsense. Theres no victory in that, nothing to be proud of. Problem is, some of the players apparently have the same mindset as some if the fans.

You are what your record says you are. And the bottom line is weve lost 4 games in a row. Were a ****ty football team. Period.

Edited by chefj85

8 hours ago, Sandy said:

Seen our second half schedule? It's not gonna be better. The Lions are the only team really keeping our Strength of Schedule from being awful. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Seen our second half schedule? It's not gonna be better. The Lions are the only team really keeping our Strength of Schedule from being awful. 

Yep.  After facing DET next week, GB's next three opponents are a combined 18-4. 

Packers will be fortunate to come out of November any better than 4-8.