Week 8: Niners @ Rams

MDY10

Yes Niners were very fortunate...2 fumble on CMC on they recovered both...

But still not ajustment on running game, we still continue to run the ball in the middle even if it doesn't work, Mcvay loves to run in the middle. 

There's no ending to this madness....he doesn't want to play toss, or run outside, just run in the middle like a moron. 

You can put Hunt or Kamara, there's no space to run in the middle...

Also, In the 1st Half, we called a lot of screen and in 2nd half, it just disappeared......

5 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Yes Niners were very fortunate...2 fumble on CMC on they recovered both...

But still not ajustment on running game, we still continue to run the ball in the middle even if it doesn't work, Mcvay loves to run in the middle. 

There's no ending to this madness....he doesn't want to play toss, or run outside, just run in the middle like a moron. 

You can put Hunt or Kamara, there's no space to run in the middle...

Also, In the 1st Half, we called a lot of screen and in 2nd half, it just disappeared......

It’s not about being fortunate today. It’s every time they play. When the Niners play LA.. they turn into the best offense ever. Jimmy G turns into Jimmy Brady. All ounce of luck will always go their way. At this point it is what it is as long as we beat them in the playoffs when it matters most 

We had 25 plays and 43 yards of offense in the 2nd half with 32 of those yards coming on the first drive of the half. McVay has to be better than this, he's been owned by Shanny and every DC the guy has put back there. Get better McVay. Only positives today were the 1st half pass rush and Stafford didn't turn the ball over. The rest was atrocious.

When a team comes out flat at the half after a bye, that's coaching. When a team continually gets beat by the same dink and dunk offense over and over again, that's coaching. When your star player gets hurt in a meaningless game (when your own coach is running out the clock), that's coaching. 

If we were throwing in the towel, why were any of the starters even in? Why was Rivers the starting RB over Hendo? This team is a wreck. Could it be corrected? Sure, but Mcvay is too stubborn to give up playcalling and check his ego. He'll say things like "I need to put the team in better positions" and "I have to be better at this or that", but unless he actually does, it means nothing. 

I'll always give him credit for giving me my first real Superbowl win (was just getting into football when they won the first one), but he has a number of poor qualities that if he hasn't addressed by now, he never will. 

• Like 1

I cant and wont even get upset at this loss. The Niners have the Rams number and its that simple. Just like we have the Cards number no matter how many guys are hurt or how badly we are struggling we still tend to own the Cards. Thats how the Niners are with us.

I look at today's game and I loved how we played in the 1st half. The 2nd half was atrocious. What I took away from this game is the Rams need to go get either Hunt or Kamara and then double down and try to go get Chubb from the Broncos. I would be down for trading a ton of picks if the Rams can end up with Kamara and Chubb or Hunt and Chubb. The Rams need a legit pass rusher to help Donald and need a game-changer at the back position. I expect the Rams to at least get one of them. Which one do they need more? Id say the running back. Pass rush was weak and has been weak but I think having a legit back can help the offense put up more points and sustain drives and just get this offense back on track.

Moving forward for the rest of this season I still think the Rams can go (10-7) and sneak into the playoffs just like the Niners did last season when they squeaked into the playoffs and found themselves up by 10pts in the 4th quarter of the NFCCG. The Rams just have to continue to get healthy and get one or two of those pieces by the trading deadline. Again Im not reading really anything in this game against the Niners bc they have our number. Next week at Tampa will say alot. Tampa is struggling worst than the Rams plus the Rams have owned Tampa since Brady got there. If the Rams cant beat the Bucs or at least look great in a loss then Ill be more concern but Im not really upset about today bc the Niners own the Rams regardless. I hate to say that but we just have to come to terms with it. Hopefully one day it will change. Im young enough to remember when the Cards owned the Rams back when Arians was the head coach. Then all of a sudden the tides turned and the Rams now own the Cards. So maybe once Lance becomes the starter next season the Rams might have a chance. Jimmy G is the perfect guy to beat the Rams in the Niners system bc they dont ask him to do much and when he does to something is quick. Not to mention the scheme and playmakers the Niners have. Just an overall bad matchup for the Rams.

32 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Yeah, who cares about dropping another to a division rival that puts us below 500 and likely out of the divisional race. We all expected to be 3-4 now. 

Yeah I’m all for moving on because it was the Niners and that’s simply what happens against them.. but it’s embarrassing at this point. This isn’t a slump. It’s simply a bad football team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

We may want to consider being sellers at the deadline...

Lol no. Go get a HB. If there's a reasonably priced EDGE, go get him too. We've got 10 games to go. The season is far from over. Can't believe y'all are being defeatists because SF beat us again. I totally expected that. If we can get Shelton and Edwards healthy and Bobby Evans off the field, the OL will improve a lot. The defense is already very good. With a legit EDGE added to the front, it'll be even better. And giving Stafford a legit HB who doesn't get tackled as soon as he gets what's blocked will be huge for this team. I'm not throwing in the towel on the season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Lol no. Go get a HB. If there's a reasonably priced EDGE, go get him too. We've got 10 games to go. The season is far from over. Can't believe y'all are being defeatists because SF beat us again. I totally expected that. If we can get Shelton and Edwards healthy and Bobby Evans off the field, the OL will improve a lot. The defense is already very good. With a legit EDGE added to the front, it'll be even better. And giving Stafford a legit HB who doesn't get tackled as soon as he gets what's blocked will be huge for this team. I'm not throwing in the towel on the season.

Exactly! That’s what fans do is throw in the towel as soon as things don’t look right. Last season the Niners were (2-4) losing 4 straight and everyone buried them. They ended up with a 10pt 4th quarter lead in the NFCCG. Bucs fans seemed to have thrown in the towel after their team lost on TNF. Just go read all of what they are saying lol.

The Rams aren’t a losing culture team. We’ve built a winning culture with lots of strong leaders. This is now where all of that is tested. Don’t throw it away bc of a (3-4) start. Teams go through these types of seasons. This is McVay first season where he is under .500 so let’s see what he can do? So again I agree. Throwing in the towel and calling this season a wrap with 10 more games to go in a weak NFC is crazy. 

The Rams have the worst offense in the league through week 8. We've literally not had a single game this year where we played like a playoff team. The best part of the team is the defense that let's Jimmy G do whatever he wants. 

There's a lot more examples of teams that sucked through half the season continuing to suck. We can have reckless optimism but just listing teams that started off slow and turned it around as reason to believe is insane. If this team showed any semblance of fight then I'd be open to it. We just haven't had it all year. 

21 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The Rams have the worst offense in the league through week 8. We've literally not had a single game this year where we played like a playoff team. The best part of the team is the defense that let's Jimmy G do whatever he wants. 

There's a lot more examples of teams that sucked through half the season continuing to suck. We can have reckless optimism but just listing teams that started off slow and turned it around as reason to believe is insane. If this team showed any semblance of fight then I'd be open to it. We just haven't had it all year. 

That's a result of a decimated OL and playing over half of our games against top 5 defenses.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's a result of a decimated OL and playing over half of our games against top 5 defenses.

The OL play/depth is the largest part of it but it's also due to no average running backs, no reliable target besides Kupp, and Stafford not playing at a great level. 

Getting Evans out of there will be a blessing but I still think the OL will get worked against quality DLs. The good news is the defense caliber does lighten up but I'm just not convinced the offense will capitalize on that.