Week 9 Gameday Thread - Green Bay Packers (3-5) at Detroit Lions (1-6)

Striker

26 minutes ago, MuFF said:

Kind of BS schedule the league handed us having to play in London so early in the season we don't get a bye, then get the dreaded 3 straight road games and then DAL coming off a bye 

and Buffalo coming off a bye. no team should have to play more than one game against an opponent coming off of a bye.

33 minutes ago, MuFF said:

Kind of BS schedule the league handed us having to play in London so early in the season we don't get a bye, then get the dreaded 3 straight road games and then DAL coming off a bye 

Not entirely sure but I vaguely remember reading something back when the schedules were announced that the teams themselves can decide if they want to have their BYE after their London trip, and GB declined that option. That's partly why some Jets players were chirping in their post game interviews saying it was a sign of disrespect that GB felt they didn't need their BYE since they were facing a team like them lol(the things coaches will say to motivate their players during the week)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

The Lions let a game at home with a decent lead get away.  If we pound it at them like we did last night against the Bills we should win if we don't turn it over.

The formula from last night should handle the Lions.  It's all about effort.

5 hours ago, MuFF said:

Not at bad as the Lions got screwed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theonion.com/we-re-so-screwed-says-detroit-lions-fan-after-seeing-1846889319/amp

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 4:53 PM, MuFF said:

MLF opted to not have the bye week right after the london trip. Thats not the league’s fault

The Packers rank 11th in the playoff chase. They're 3-5 - a game out of the seventh and last playoff spot - held by the Niners at 4-4.
There's 3 teams between GB and SF:   WA, LAR, TPA.

They're 3 games out of the sixth playoff spot - held by the Giants (6-2) - and are working on a 4 game losing streak.

They've got their work cut out for them.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

The Packers rank 11th in the playoff chase. They're 3-5 - a game out of the seventh and last playoff spot - held by the Niners at 4-4.

They're 3 games out of the sixth playoff spot - held by the Giants (6-2) - and are working on a 4 game losing streak.

If I had to guess right now, I'd put GB at 4-8 heading into December.  Playoffs aren't even on my radar.   SF at 4-4 looks like a far more dangerous team.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

They've dug a hole, but if they can play with the drive they showed against Buffalo, they can get back in it.  Gotta remember, it was top team Buffalo they were playing.  Play like that and they might have a shot, but you have little room for another half effort brainfart game like the Giants, Jets and Washington games were.   

Edited by NFLGURU

Yah they drop this one it's over.  At this point they are now in must win mode.  Going to miss this game will be out of town.  I'll record it and if they win I'll watch.  Otherwise forget it.  Delete...Going to the Dallas game.  Free tickets can't turn that down.  Haven't been to a game in 3 years.  Even if they lose against Detroit I'm still going.  Check out Titletown.  

As for the Detroit game.  Pack will pull it out but no blowout.  Pack 27 Det 24.  An ugly win that no one will feel good about.  

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Yah they drop this one it's over.  At this point they are now in must win mode.  Going to miss this game will be out of town.  I'll record it and if they win I'll watch.  Otherwise forget it.  Delete...Going to the Dallas game.  Free tickets can't turn that down.  Haven't been to a game in 3 years.  Even if they lose against Detroit I'm still going.  Check out Titletown.  

As for the Detroit game.  Pack will pull it out but no blowout.  Pack 27 Det 24.  An ugly win that no one will feel good about.  

I turned down free tickets to the Dallas game.  I'll be fishing instead.  So, we will play out of our minds and that will be the best game we play all season.  Mark.  It.  Down.