Week 9 Gameday Thread - Green Bay Packers (3-5) at Detroit Lions (1-6)

Striker

18 hours ago, Old Guy said:

My bad, I thought the TEAM was playing for a Lombardi. I didn't realize they were only playing to get Rodgers a couple more MVPs. 

2 hours ago, KFP7 said:

1. Can their be any possible reason Rodgers doesn't make this throw other than he just doesn't like certain guys?

2. I'm a Deguara homer, but unless someone goes through and determines if this is a rare occurance we have no idea how well he'd be looking with a competent QB.  This is one of those easy 15 yard pickups over the middle we always complain aren't there for us. 

You are right, not doubt.

But this is not new.  You don't really need to defend the middle of the field with Rodgers.  He simply doesn't want to go there.

This is the perfect play to illustrate the point.  You don't get more wide open than that.  And...it is more or less and easy play to read as a QB.  The reason you don't throw it there is because you simply don't want to throw to that part of the field.

• Like 2

"I have seen so much of what Aaron Rodgers has been talking about this year. Now he might not have been playing his best football and we are going to take a look at a couple examples where he does miss some stuff. That happens to everyone! When you have frustration and when you have things going on around you, it happens more because you play more hesitantly. I have seen issues on top of issues on the outside with little details and sometimes it’s just chaos and comedy of errors. There’s so much going on around him. Everyone wants to look at this Detroit game and the interceptions and say it’s all on him. I’m a believer that everyone needs to take a little blame, especially when you’re not playing well and make mistakes. I am going to show you what I have been seeing week after week and why I felt the Packers were done. It’s going to be a lot to come back from because there are so many different issues going on in the passing game."

Good breakdown of the offense' struggles by a HoF QB who see's what some of us are seeing, and breaking down some tough truths for others to swallow. Not an NFL WR room, and after half a season seemingly not able to learn or be coached on how/where to be to do their *** **** jobs. Lazard falling down no less than 4 times untouched, wide outs running into defenders laps or other routes, and people breaking 'open' into areas they shouldn't be/not designed to be. All around bang up job.

Edited by Laces Out

All true.  There are issues.  But let's not overstate them.

The offense against Detroit moved the ball well.  The killer mistakes were 2 Rodgers INT's in the endzone.  And they were simply awful.  Rookie type stuff.  Even his last pass went to the corner of the end zone where there was....no one near the ball.  Could be the wrong route, but in that situation, you expect your 2X reigning MVP to find a way to make a play.  And his throw did not even give us a chance.

With everything going "wrong" in the passing game, still the offense moved the ball until our highest paid QB in the league (I think) did the unthinkable 2 times.

I'm not debating that the WR room is poor and that route concepts are not being run correctly.  That was more or less expected.  It was also expected that Rodgers would elevate the play of some of these guys, and that has not happened.

In other words.  Hand the ball off on the 1 yard line, multiple times, from under center and get the darned yard!

• Like 2