Roquan Traded to Ravens

Chronickerr

I said it in my mock…just never felt like Poles or even Flus truly saw him as a fit here from a playing perspective and even more importantly a personality one…I think he burned a lot of bridges with that speech and Poles wasn’t two minutes in coming out and setting the record straight…do I also feel their may have been a reaction to Quinn’s trade that Poles/Flus didn’t like? I would suggest so…

On the field he just wasn’t making nearly enough plays to warrant what he wanted…that Will spot is so important in this D but he would have had to look like a superstar and didn’t…I think for him getting back into a 3-4 inside LB spot will suit him…

In terms of the compensation it’s about as much as you can ask for given he is a disgruntled off the ball LB in the final year of his rookie deal…I am surprised we got the 5th thrown in as well…figured his value was 2nd round and that was about it…

Can we potentially turn that 2nd round pick into a WR before tomorrow? Imagine getting Mike Evans…would be a statement move…if not the more ammo we can get to build this team in the right way the better.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

On the field he just wasn’t making nearly enough plays to warrant what he wanted…that Will spot is so important in this D but he would have had to look like a superstar and didn’t…I think for him getting back into a 3-4 inside LB spot will suit him…

In terms of the compensation it’s about as much as you can ask for given he is a disgruntled off the ball LB in the final year of his rookie deal…I am surprised we got the 5th thrown in as well…figured his value was 2nd round and that was about it…

Can we potentially turn that 2nd round pick into a WR before tomorrow? Imagine getting Mike Evans…would be a statement move…if not the more ammo we can get to build this team in the right way the better.

My same thing.....I think we got alot.....Deandre Hopkins was traded for a 2nd and a 4th....we got a 2nd and a 5th for a LB on a defense that just gave up 49pts, and they easily could have gotten more. And is demanding a top contract....smh

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

On the field he just wasn’t making nearly enough plays to warrant what he wanted

He’s made plenty of plays. On pace for 4 INTs and 5 sacks, amongst the league leaders in tackles, and also a top off-ball LB by TFL. Roquan has statistically out-splashed basically every top LB in the league.

This is more a consequence of the tenuous contract negotiations than anything happening on the field. And it’s a fine move considering the circumstances. It will be interesting to see how Poles chooses to overhaul this roster. I doubt he can address everything next offseason.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

He’s made plenty of plays. On pace for 4 INTs and 5 sacks, amongst the league leaders in tackles, and also a top off-ball LB by TFL. Roquan has statistically out-splashed basically every top LB in the league.

This is more a consequence of the tenuous contract negotiations than anything happening on the field. And it’s a fine move considering the circumstances. It will be interesting to see how Poles chooses to overhaul this roster. I doubt he can address everything next offseason.

“On pace” means nothing in the NFL…not only that but the scheme is designed to free him up to make plays so that is the least we should expect from that spot…he never looked like Lance Briggs or Shaq Leonard and for what he was wanting he would have had too…

I wonder if Morrow slides to WILL & AJ Klein plays MLB…will be interesting to see the stat comparison.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Surely a WR coming in if anything? Or do we continue to jettison assets for the offseason.

I’m not sure why you’re on this WR thing. Most teams are still going for it, including the Broncos and Bucs, who many have talked about targets on.

I don’t want to be trading for a KJ Hamler at this point, I’d wait till the offseason to see what Upper Level WRs want out of their situation and to be paid.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to give up assets for Monty, I’ll take it (we’re not likely in the Comp Pick game for a while). As I’ve said, if someone wants to give high/multiple pics for Eddie, I’d be interested. Outside of that, I’m not sure who would have value right now, but other than a handful of guys, I’m all ears

10 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m not sure why you’re on this WR thing. Most teams are still going for it, including the Broncos and Bucs, who many have talked about targets on.

I don’t want to be trading for a KJ Hamler at this point, I’d wait till the offseason to see what Upper Level WRs want out of their situation and to be paid.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to give up assets for Monty, I’ll take it (we’re not likely in the Comp Pick game for a while). As I’ve said, if someone wants to give high/multiple pics for Eddie, I’d be interested. Outside of that, I’m not sure who would have value right now, but other than a handful of guys, I’m all ears

I think your making a lot of assumptions here…who’s to say there isn’t already a quality receiver on a bad team who wants out? All I need from Polesnis him burning up the phones and seeing what is out there…if it comes to nothing then okay go into the draft loaded with picks…but you just never know.

Roquan came in heavy and slow this year for whatever reason.   I said it in camp.  

Don't be surprised if he looks really good again in future.   

Get a good heavy D line in front of him and him in top shape and he can be a top player.

That being said, he is an ILB.  I'll take 4 years of service and 2nd and 5th rounder for most ILBs.  That is good business.

• Like 3