2022 Season Discussion

JMG5

Defense played well, but I'm not going to say they're back just yet. We finally were able to generate pressure with our front 4, but I'm not sure how much of that is them actually waking up or the Raiders OL just being bad. 

I know it's early, but Alontae Taylor looks legit for a rookie. He tackles well, trusts his instincts, and gets his head around in coverage. All things you love to see. Pete Werner has also been balling.

Offensively, I'm happy with the OL for the most part. Since the mental lapses early in the season they're been playing a lot better. Ruiz has dramatically improved the last few weeks. WR room still leaves a lot to be desired outside of Olave with MT and Landry being injured. Dalton is definitely the guy going forward. We actually move the ball with him out there. He takes his checkdowns and keeps the chains moving. He occasionally makes a boneheaded throw, but so does Winston so we're going to have to deal with that no matter what.

Overall, I'm happy with a shutout win. Hoping this can finally light a fire under them and get everything back on track, but we have a tough schedule so I'm obviously skeptical.

On 10/31/2022 at 8:59 PM, Mid Iowa said:

All I'm going to say right now is, we had better not trade Kamara away. I was pissed about the CGJ trade and I'll lose my faculties if Kamara gets shipped out.

I can understand the CJGJ trade due to the money he wanted for the role he was playing for the team.  Wish we would've gotten more from him but that's how it plays out in the NFL when someone wants a big contract and they aren't Jalen Ramsey level of a player.

I didn't expect Kamara to be traded and he wasn't.  Honestly I thought if anything the Saints might've tried to be buyers for RB depth but maybe they're looking at the market for those that might get cut.

On a separate note, I'm really hoping Rasheed Shaheed is able to cement himself a roster spot.  From the moment I heard his name I was like "That's Rasha Heed!" since his first and last names are so similiar.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Raves said:

On a separate note, I'm really hoping Rasheed Shaheed is able to cement himself a roster spot.  From the moment I heard his name I was like "That's Rasha Heed!" since his first and last names are so similiar.

The dude has wheels, and seems to have better hands than several of our other receivers (albeit a small sample size). But yeah, he's played really well!

• 1 month later...

Looks like we claimed Eno Benjamin off waivers. Not sure what’s going on behind the scenes with him to get released, but from what I’ve seen of him on the field he looks like he has the talent to be a solid contributor for us at RB. He’s not the biggest guy, but plays much more physical than his size would lead you to believe. Also is a quality receiver out of the backfield and isn’t afraid to get physical as a pass blocker. He absolutely destroyed Davenport this season

@tyler735 From what I can see Eno's shifty and his spin move is great. He can't break a tackle, and he's too small to drag anyone for extra yards. He's got really good hands in the passing game, and quick acceleration.

Just another reason to fire Dennis Allen, letting Latavius Murray go. Murray possessed almost all of this Eno package, but 6" taller and about 25lbs heavier. The only knock on Murray is he's 32, but he'd have been good to finish the season, and maybe 1 more. It's not like he's been used like Derrick Henry or something.

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

@tyler735 From what I can see Eno's shifty and his spin move is great. He can't break a tackle, and he's too small to drag anyone for extra yards. He's got really good hands in the passing game, and quick acceleration.

I’d venture to say he is a bit better in those regards than you are giving him credit for. Definitely not the biggest guy, but he has no issue getting physical. Here’s a few clips of him showing a surprising amount of “pop” when putting his shoulder down. I’m really intrigued by him.

I’m more concerned about what is happening behind the scenes with him. If his attitude is right, I think he could be a solid backup RB for us. Worst case we invested barely anything for him and cut him after the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Our season looks so crappy, I couldn't even remember who we play today. Turns out, it's Atlanta. .....yawn.....

Yeah this is easily the least I’ve cared about the team in 20 years of being a fan. The sloppy play, terrible play calling, and having Andy Dalton as our starting QB has pretty much killed my interest in them this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SWATcha said:

At least they beat the Falcons. Even in the crappiest of crap years, beating the Falcons makes me smile. Anyone actually watch the game? 

I saw a good chunk of it. Play calling was still atrocious. The coaching staff acknowledged earlier this week they need to do better about finding ways to more effectively utilize Kamara and his unique skill set…Today that translated to almost every run right up the middle and 2 targets. Or in other words, the same dumb play calling they have resorted to most of the season. 

8 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I saw a good chunk of it. Play calling was still atrocious. The coaching staff acknowledged earlier this week they need to do better about finding ways to more effectively utilize Kamara and his unique skill set…Today that translated to almost every run right up the middle and 2 targets. Or in other words, the same dumb play calling they have resorted to most of the season. 

Only positive was more involvement from Taysom, which has been sorely lacking all season. This game makes the Bucs game hurt all over again. We should be winning the division right now. I freaking hate this coaching staff. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 7:29 PM, SWATcha said:

At least they beat the Falcons. Even in the crappiest of crap years, beating the Falcons makes me smile. Anyone actually watch the game? 

I watched a good amount of it, at least on in the background. I was driving, and helping my Mom, so the game wasn't priority.

I did get to see the Hill TD throw, which was really fun!!

• 2 weeks later...