GDT: Chargers @ Dallas... T Day Edition

Matts4313

The shocking decline in the performance of our defense minus Lee means we are going to be challenged in every game. I read some stat that said with Lee the Cowboys give up 16.5 points per game; without him 33.5!  Ouch.  The Cowboys offense is going to have to pick things up.  In fact the offense has no margin for error given the state of our defense.  Every team has to deal with injuries.  Some do it better than others. 

Chargers will win this one.

21 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Fresh off our 3 week bye, we should be well rested. Last we saw our Cowboys they were defeating AFCW rival the K.C. Chiefs. Can the Cowboys beat the Chargers bringing their win streak to 2 in a row? More to come.... 

You win this forum for your opening sentence. We can turn it off now.

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

if we miraculously go 11-5, ill eat some serious crow!!!

It is not likely, but certainly possible.

If you look over the schedule, we arent playing any teams with a record better than ours except for Philly again. 

My concern more lies with this secondary and receivers though rather than the schedule. See, when I predicted around 8-8 I wasnt accounting for Zekes suspension this late in the year or Dez playing more like the recent 88 (AB scores, man!) than the latter day 88s. 

Dez disappearing act is nothing new, but he is not even separating or fighting for jump balls anymore and without Zeke now, this offense is even more stagnant than we could have expected.

But, i also didnt account for some teams stinking this year who I thought would be good (like this weeks Chargers)

Therefore...I will say we I think we still finish at best  9-7 or 8-8.

Which, all things considered, could still slip  into a wild card berth or be considered a decent year, with a new sexondary, Zeke suspended, sophmore qb, Dez being irrelevant, etc

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

For no logical reason, I have a strange glimmer of hope that this could happen.

Yeah. I mean, is it completely out of the question that this team could rattle off 5-6 wins in a row? The last 2 weeks would say hell no, but it's not like team is void of talent. That said, seeing it actually happen is a long shot at best.

15 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Yeah. I mean, is it completely out of the question that this team could rattle off 5-6 wins in a row? The last 2 weeks would say hell no, but it's not like team is void of talent. That said, seeing it actually happen is a long shot at best.

Like Ive said, it is possible, just unlikely.

The team has a recipe that works, both on defense and offense. A staff with a track record of being able to lead a team. A roster with some good playera and respectable talent. Ultimately, nearly the same team as the seemingly unstoppable force that was last years squad, minus 3 starters on the secondary and 1 on the DL.

Early struggles were expected with those youth positions especially against that schedule.

But still nearly the same team with the same formula and the same staff - so very possible.

I still say 9-7/8-8, but 10-6 or 11-5 could certainly happen if the ball sails the right way in a game or two. And then everyone will be praising Garrett and co and dry humping their pillows about Dak again, forgetting all about how a month earlier they wanted the staff fired and Dak traded lol

I want to say 10-6. We win Thursday, lose Wash, beat NYG,  beat Oakland, ZEKE's BACK!!! Roll Sea in big D and Philly doesn't need the week 17 game so they rest Wentz and a bunch of other players, we have T. Smith, Zeke, Lee, Bailey and come out of Philly with a 24-13 W and finish 10-6. By virtue of the head to head against Sea we both finish 10-6 BUT, we go to N.O. for the WC game.

Division winners: Philly 13-3  Minn 12-4  N.O. 12-4  LA Rams 11-5

Wild Card: Car 10-6 Dal 10-6

Archived