GDT: Chargers @ Dallas... T Day Edition

Matts4313

On 11/21/2017 at 9:41 AM, DalCowboyzRule said:

Chargers will win comfortably. This team has quit, and I don't blame them. This is what the commissioner wanted and so I hope he's happy.

I'll go 27-16 Los Angeles. We kick 3 field goals in the red zone.

I gave our offense way too much credit. Other than that, pretty spot on.

13 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

That doesn't make it right. Remember when T.O. got laid out for celebrating on the star? Where's the pride in wearing the star smh. We have not one person on this team with the fire to motivate this team. This team has quit and these coaches need to be gone 

I'm not even sure how to reply to this. It didn't change or make a difference back then and it won't now. THe only thing it would do is get us a penalty, the player a fine, and embarrasss us more.

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

I'm not even sure how to reply to this. It didn't change or make a difference back then and it won't now. THe only thing it would do is get us a plenty, the player a fine, and embarrasss more.

Yeah the best way to stop it is you know, stop them

D played the run pretty well. But did nothing at all vs the passing game. Absolutely no pressure, rivers rarely had to look for the second let alone third read because the secondary was that bad and vanilla. Rivers had a better understanding of our d than half of our players do. 

Something has to change. 

17 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah the best way to stop it is you know, stop them

I actually like when the players actually care when they get disrespected on the field like that. L.T. said it best after the Patriots celebrated their win dancing on the Chargers field. No class. Act like you've been there before.

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

I actually like when players actually care when they get disrespected on the field. L.T. said it best after the Patriots celebrated their win dancing on the Chargers field. No class. Act like you've been there before.

And did it make a difference or change anything. You go out the next series and take there freakin' head off. When Heath made that hit the res of the D did nothing. No emotion. IF you don't want the other team celebrate keep them from scoring and/or score yourself. Simple as that.

At this point I already shared what I would "Like" to happen (10-6 and a WC)

Well, now reality sets in.

And the biggest fear I have is that Dak Prescott MAYBE, I repeat, MAYBE the second coming of RGIII.

Great rookie year and then the league figures him out and his career is over. A one trick pony.

His accuracy, vision on the field, decision making is atrocious. 

Say what you want about injuries and suspensions and YES they matter. But God DAMN! He had players in position to make plays and just ished the bed!

The coaching staff has to go. JG CANNOT coach! He doesn't make adjustments, he sticks with his plan even AFTER the opposing team is telling you "We figured you out"

and its embarrassing.

The shame of it is we have a decent O line, an all star RB on suspension, and some pretty good Defensive players. 

And it will ALL go to waste just like Romo, Barber, Witten, TO, and whoever else's career we pi$$ed away with bad coaches, retreads etc.

The fish stinks from the head down and that means JJ. Now with his war on the Goodell, we will NEVER get a fair shake, could lose draft picks and our team has now been exposed as frauds.

Sorry guys, I cannot just sit by and pretend like a few players would make all the difference next year. I thought that may be the case but in 3 consecutive weeks we scored single digits and gave up 20 or more points in the 2nd half of a game. The problem is WAYYYYYY greater than we thought.

4 hours ago, project T.O said:

Well already missed one on that big 3rd down play. 

Yep..now 8 games.  The level of hooking and tacking their O-line got away with and for the refs to call holding on La'el?  Un-friggin-believable.  Retribution from the League? How else can it be explained?

1 hour ago, ///mcompact said:

Yep..now 8 games.  The level of hooking and tacking their O-line got away with and for the refs to call holding on La'el?  Un-friggin-believable.  Retribution from the League? How else can it be explained?

Yeah it really can't be explained. 

There were several obviously missed holding calls and several more borderline ones which seemingly only got called against cowboys. On that pass to Allen that ended in a TD. Lawrence had beaten the LT with a great spin move and then was dragged down by the head from behind which ended with Lawrence at the feet of rivers and the tackle spinning around in the opposite direction ( the tell tale move after a hold on the outside). 

Make no bones about it it's more than just missed/ ignored calls by officials that are losing these games for the team. However it's certainly not helping and generally puts the team behind the 8 ball from the word go. 

38 minutes ago, project T.O said:

Yeah it really can't be explained. 

There were several obviously missed holding calls and several more borderline ones which seemingly only got called against cowboys. On that pass to Allen that ended in a TD. Lawrence had beaten the LT with a great spin move and then was dragged down by the head from behind which ended with Lawrence at the feet of rivers and the tackle spinning around in the opposite direction ( the tell tale move after a hold on the outside). 

Make no bones about it it's more than just missed/ ignored calls by officials that are losing these games for the team. However it's certainly not helping and generally puts the team behind the 8 ball from the word go. 

Yeah well, blame it on Jones. He should,have just taken the suspension in week 1 and played ball.  Now all of this ish just derailed our,season, exposed our QB and coaching staff.

8 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

The coaching staff has to go. JG CANNOT coach! He doesn't make adjustments, he sticks with his plan even AFTER the opposing team is telling you "We figured you out"

and its embarrassing.

First time posting in the cowboys thread but long time reader. I agree with this. I watch every cowboys game as my brother is a life long fan. JG sitting on the sideline applauding after a play bothers me. Its like don't applaud the other team figure out what went wrong and fix it.

Embarrassing the way we have completely folded just because Zeke and Lee are out (and Smith prior to yesterday).  This is more of an indictment on the coaching than anything else.  In 2015 when we lost Tony Romo for the year, we only won 1 of 12 games and now without a few players out for a few games, each game has been an embarrassment.  This is a failure on the coaches for not being able to adjust their system/gameplan.  Every team has to deal with injuries and yet, I see plenty of other teams being able to navigate through a few games without looking like garbage (and actually winning once in a while).

While I knew we would miss Zeke, I did think we would still have enough on offense not to go in the tank.  Clearly, I was wrong about Dak being able to pick up the slack at this point of his career.  I still believe in him though.  There's been way more good than bad in his career so far, he was bound to run into some issues at some point.  And he has strong mental character, I believe he will bounce back and get better for it as he continues to learn the pro game (remember he is not even 2 years into his career).  Our WRs continue to disappoint.  I think Dez is capable of more, but I can't overlook his lack of impact plays at this point.  And the rest of our receiving corps leaves plenty to be desired.

Our defense without Lee is a joke though.  Awful.  Our secondary could not do a damn thing against Rivers yesterday and our pass rush was not getting to him.

Archived