Trade Deadline Thread

CBears019

Deadline is Tuesday at 3pm cst.

Who would you like to see the Bears trade and for what compensation?

Any players you’d like to see the Bears trade for?

Any surprise trades you can envision happening, involving the Bears or otherwise?

—————————-

Im good with seeing Montgomery gone, but i don’t see much more compensation than what the jags got for Robinson - a 6th than could become a 5th.  Nothing against the guy.  I love how hard he runs, I just don’t see them resigning him this offseason.  May as well get something for him, and see what Herbie can do as the lead back (Herbie fully loaded?).

Im real happy with the Quinn trade.  Again, nothing against the man.  But he just wasn’t in our future plans at 32 years old.  Getting a 4th, even a late one, is way ore than I ever expected they would get for him.

Like i said in the Roquan thread, I’m happy with the trade and I get it.  It just sucks that it couldn’t work out with guy as talented and young as he is.  

I see us as pure sellers for the trade deadline.... MAYBE trade for a WR, but I don't even know who that would be..... Claypool isn't worth more than a conditional 3rd right now and I don't think Carolina is going to sell their only remaining good player, or whoever they draft to play QB is screwed.

Montgomery is a 50/50 proposition to me..... I don't think we get much in return and though we can likely do (much) better in FA chasing Barkley or Pollard, we could also do much worse and I don't think he's going to command anything close to a crazy contract.  Honestly if there hadn't been rumors about the Bears still being active post Roquan deal, I'd probably have said 85% chance he's back next year on a team friendly deal.

E-Jackson....  This is probably the #2 guy I can see getting moved, just because his cap hit keeps going up.  But, he's also showing out well with Brisker.... I wouldn't mind an extension, but if you where trying to "sell high" on a dude, now might be the best bet to send him out too...

One of the podcasts suggested maybe Riley Reiff could be a dude getting moved too... I guess he played well last week, and some playoff looking team might need the OL help.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

One of the podcasts suggested maybe Riley Reiff could be a dude getting moved too... I guess he played well last week, and some playoff looking team might need the OL help.

I’m hoping Reiff stays in the starting lineup tbh. I thought he looked far better than Borom at RT. 

• Like 1

the only guys i wouldn't want to be traded:

JF1, JJ33, KG6, JB9, TJ76, DR91, TG99, DM11

Some of those guys are "potential at important position" and would rather just keep them than trade for what would be a low pick anyways. other guys would have to be blown away by an offer that we wouldn't likely see. QB1 is the only guy i think is "untradeable"