Trade Deadline Thread

CBears019

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This makes our move look better…Ridley coming off suspension is an unknown.

I would have liked Ridley too but ya he's too risky at this point. Will have not played in almost 2 years when he gets back assuming he's reinstated for week 1 next year

Not a bad punt by the Jags tho. Like Bears they also need to surround their QB with much better weapons if he's going to have any success 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

So it appears that Monty survived the deadline unless something just hasn’t been announced yet.  

Hell of a trade deadline though.  For bears and NFL as a whole.  Tons of big(ger) names being traded than in years past.

Yeah this was the trade deadline I always wanted the nfl to have but never got to see. The off-season is shaping up to being extremely interesting for us. 

25 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

So it appears that Monty survived the deadline unless something just hasn’t been announced yet.  

Hell of a trade deadline though.  For bears and NFL as a whole.  Tons of big(ger) names being traded than in years past.

i keep refreshing twitter but am not seeing anything. we're 37 minutes past the deadline now too, so something would have leaked by now. 

Monty is the only other guy left i could realistically see moved, but he probably wouldn't have gotten anything much. the colts got zach moss and a conditional 6th for hines. one trade i kind of thought would be akers for monty straight up - gives the rams a hard runner with pass protection for a player that they weren't gonna use anymore, gives us a highly drafted replacement that had some success his rookie year and who has one more year left on his contract

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Maybe he should’ve been with his coaches telling them who he wanted 

he apparently was on mcafee saying "i've been talking with Gut and i'm hoping to break some news here soon." maybe that was about claypool based on all the chatter around the packers and him?

15 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

he apparently was on mcafee saying "i've been talking with Gut and i'm hoping to break some news here soon." maybe that was about claypool based on all the chatter around the packers and him?

Maybe it was revealing that he had grown a third eye in the middle of his forehead after extended ayahuasca trips 

18 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i keep refreshing twitter but am not seeing anything. we're 37 minutes past the deadline now too, so something would have leaked by now. 

If Monty’s statline reflected my high opinion of him, even then I don’t think we’d get a return on him that justifies it. I think Herbert is at his best as the second fiddle and don’t have faith at all in Ebner. 

P.S. Cam Akers is terrible and trading any player with any sort of value for him is a terrible idea. 

17 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I just listened to Poles presser. I love his candor. I really hope he succeeds here and he builds a championship team.

I very much so agree...very honest and clear in his communication...doesn't try to use 20 words when 6 will do it...I love how pragmatic he is being with this roster and understanding what it takes to be successful in today's NFL...

Thought it was very interesting he referenced where he came from and understating you have to do everything possible to make your QB comfortable.

23 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I just listened to Poles presser. I love his candor. I really hope he succeeds here and he builds a championship team.

Agreed. Loved how up front he was about why he was willing to move Roquan now vs. previously. Also loved how he talked to Smith man to man and to the team leaders about what his plan is. He may ultimately end up being a **** GM long term, but the way he treats the players and the media like adults is highly commendable. 

• Like 1