Trade Deadline Thread

CBears019

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

i keep refreshing twitter but am not seeing anything. we're 37 minutes past the deadline now too, so something would have leaked by now. 

Monty is the only other guy left i could realistically see moved, but he probably wouldn't have gotten anything much. the colts got zach moss and a conditional 6th for hines. one trade i kind of thought would be akers for monty straight up - gives the rams a hard runner with pass protection for a player that they weren't gonna use anymore, gives us a highly drafted replacement that had some success his rookie year and who has one more year left on his contract

I'm kind of glad they kept Monty even though there's a good chance he won't be back with the team next season.

Even though I think Herbert is a better fit in this O, Monty gives us a reliable back who can grind out those tough yards plus also pass protect to make Fields' job a bit easier

Besides we probably wouldn't have gotten more than at most a 6th round pick back for him. To me he's more valuable to the team in the short term vs what a late round pick could offer in the future 

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

This isn't a good look SF hahaha

I'm going to say it again..I still don't understand how Trey Lance went that high and better yet ahead of Justin Fields who was a way better QB prospect going into that draft.

Lance had great athletic tools but having such a limited college resume as a starter was a huge red flag for me and reminded me of the Trubisky pick

He can still turn it around but right now that trade definitely worked out better in Miami's favor 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

If we take the picks at their current standing and cancel out values, the Bears traded Roquan + 190 points (equivalent of a middle 3rd) for Claypool.

If you want to get technical sure. The way I see it tho is Bears essentially got a 5th and Claypool for Roquan.

I'm not sure they still make this trade for Chase unless they get a 2nd back for Ro

19 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

Dropping ~20 spots in round 2 seems more notable than the 5th. But that will depend on the depth of the upcoming draft.

You’re also assuming ~20 right now. It could also be closer to ~10 picks. 

We’ve still got Detroit twice, the Falcons, the Jets, the under preforming Packers at home, and a week 18 matchup with Minnesota who may be sitting everyone

Plus Lamar doesn’t have the best track record in the playoffs so far

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You’re also assuming ~20 right now. It could also be closer to ~10 picks. 

We’ve still got Detroit twice, the Falcons, the Jets, the under preforming Packers at home, and a week 18 matchup with Minnesota who may be sitting everyone

Plus Lamar doesn’t have the best track record in the playoffs so far

I'm assuming 20 spots based on current draft standings. My point is that the pick swap from ours to Baltimore's could become a substantial value. At what point does that pick swap become bad value? Is exchanging Roquan for Claypool worth dropping 10, 15, 20 spots in the 2nd?

23 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

I'm assuming 20 spots based on current draft standings. My point is that the pick swap from ours to Baltimore's could become a substantial value. At what point does that pick swap become bad value? Is exchanging Roquan for Claypool worth dropping 10, 15, 20 spots in the 2nd?

But that’s not actually what is happening. It’s getting Claypool, plus an extra year of team control, at a premium position, for the off the field headache that is Roquan

And for the record, the current draft standings is a 13 spot difference in round 2. Not 20. 

32 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

My point is that the pick swap from ours to Baltimore's could become a substantial value. At what point does that pick swap become bad value? Is exchanging Roquan for Claypool worth dropping 10, 15, 20 spots in the 2nd?

Isn’t that irrelevant since the BAL pick wasn’t enough to get the trade done? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If they trade Armstrong we riot

I know it’s really hard doing radio by yourself for hours a day (but that’s also his choice) and I know slip ups happen, but he went on and on about it, and no one in that room corrected him. Seems He honestly thinks there is a guy on the Bears named Armstrong, and he is a “young guy” to boot.

He is a very surface level sports brain, and then sprinkles in the Stephen A yelling a bit and has built quite the following off of that. When he gets around real sports brains, it shows how shallow his stuff goes. 

Again that’s fine for entertainment, but when I’ve seen some of you guys post his clips to support some argument, I just have a little chuckle 

9 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

That’s the question - at what point does the 2nd round drop-off become bad value? Bears only control Claypool through 2023.

Assuming Claypool produces to his statistical history I don’t think paying the higher of the two 2nd round picks is bad value. Re: the contract - I don’t think you make this trade for a 2nd rounder if you’re Poles unless you’re expecting to extend that contract. 

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

They control him through 2025 if he is good enough. 

Unless Claypool comes in and just goes off from jump, this situation screams to me to be one for a short extension after this season. Add a year or 2 years to his deal at like $10M per or so (that’s MVS/Russell Gage type money from this past offseason) with a hefty percentage guarantee attached to it. Still a UFA at 26 or 27. Let him know financially you think he’ll be a key piece of the future while allowing him to cash in big time in short order if he ends up being the centerpiece of the passing attack.