Week 9: BUF Bills vs NY Jets

Bobby816

This is going to be a tough one. IMO Buffalo is arguably the best team in the whole NFL. For sure top 2 in the AFC. They're rather a complete team. After a tough loss, this is going to be hard for this game to be the one for us to bounce back from going into a bye.

Our defense is bordering on elite. And this will be the biggest test we'll have all season. How BUF hurts you is Allen throwing to Diggs and Davis. Can Sauce and Reed stop them is the question. We stopped Hill and Waddle, but that was with MIAs 3rd string QB throwing to them, not Josh Allen. So not exactly the same. If we can contain that part of the game... we might have a chance. BUF leads the NFL in yards per game and is 2nd in scoring. So this will be a test for our D. We cant have it like this last week and do 3 and outs so often and just giving the ball back to Allen and having our D tired. We will have to score to win this one and control the clock. Issue with that is, is that BUF has one of the best defenses in the NFL, so that wont be easy.

IMO we just aren't good enough to even think we can win this one.

It'll be a victory IMO if we can just look like we belong on the same field as them and can look competitive.

Prediction

BUF: 27

NYJ: 13

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

This game is a lose lose for us. 

Zach tries to go toe-to-toe with Allen and puts up 300+ 2/2 and everyone is mad at the interceptions. 

Zach plays game manager and puts up 150 and one TD but we lose 27-14 and everyone is mad we didn’t move the ball. 

This is an elite defense BUF has. I'm expecting him to struggle. But I'm not one of the ones saying we need to move on from him.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Zach tries to go toe-to-toe with Allen and puts up 300+ 2/2 and everyone is mad at the interceptions. 

Zach plays game manager and puts up 150 and one TD but we lose 27-14 and everyone is mad we didn’t move the ball. 

Its not about the numbers, it is about how Zach looks back there.  If a defender gets within 5 yards, he panics.  He reverts to street ball mentality and completely forgets all his coaching leading to poor mechanics.  Look at Aaron Rodgers, his numbers are not great this year either.  When he gets flushed, he's got his eyes downfield with the ball held high ready to throw.  That ain't Zach. We can complain about the OL all we want, but until Zach can deal with the pressure that every QB faces, he will struggle.

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I’m one of the biggest anti Zachers out there and I wouldn’t be mad at either of these scenarios

Not gonna lie - I feel pretty good about this game. Finally we get a true test of our pass defense and if we can keep the Bills from taking the top off our defense (and hopefully Knox doesn't eat up Mosley) we can keep it close. No doubt Allen will eat on the ground as he usually does against us, but their offensive strengths fall right into our defensive strengths.

I don't have a clue how we are going to win on offense, but we've already been through two woodchippers this season, what's a third?

won’t have an issue with 2 ints if they are being aggressive but not stupid … stupid is throwing the ball out of bounds but not getting it out there … also dumb is throwing up a ball into a crowd of 4 … if the ball is relatively accurate and it’s just a good play by the defense so be it … just can’t be throwing up balls when we don’t have a Calvin Johnson type up there to save your behind 

3 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yup. 

Nice and safe we get slaughtered

He plays to win and we lose a closer one. 

I think all the drama(Moore, fans wanting him gone, media criticizing him) will have him second-guessing himself or he'll just F it and go down swinging. Only two ways it can go. 

52 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m one of the biggest anti Zachers out there and I wouldn’t be mad at either of these scenarios

You're relatively rational. He literally cannot throw a bad pass without twitter/media flying down his throat lol. I couldn't be a pro athlete, I wouldn't GAF. 

Would take either scenario honestly. You can live with picks when you have many other big plays to come back with. This past week just wasn't the case. Too many turnovers and horrible decisions and only 1 or 2 big plays. The Mims big gainer down 12 with 3 mins to go just padded the stats. It was 22-10 late in the 4th due to his turnovers. Picks happen when you throw the ball down field and try and make plays. You can live with it if you QB is constantly moving the ball and getting you opportunities to score. I think Zach can absolutely do that. What scares me most is what is going on in his head when he actually has time. He leaves clean pockets too early. He doesn't step up (this makes it so much harder for our tackles). In fact I prefer he gets rid of the ball right away. He seems so much more accurate and poised when he knows where to go with the ball right away. Also wish we would design him more deep balls just to get him to be able to set his feet and throw instead of him trying to improvise and throw on the run. This is where I get upset with MLF. Make it easier for him. Less thinking, which seems to be a bit of an issue. BB does this seamlessly. Will have a random QB start and go 20/27  215 1 TD 0 INT because they keep it easy and balanced. Haven't lost faith, I was a big Zach guy. Still believe in the talent, but the awareness and IQ are scaring me. 

Zach is going to tear it up. He is not going to throw an INT and show the bills what is up. He will throw for 350 yards and his first 3 TD game and 0 INTS. The Bills come out struggling and never really get things going.

Jets 28

Bills 10

Zach proves to everyone he is the Jets QB!!!!!!!!

There is nothing else to hope for but this. Saleh says he is the guy and this team will sink or swim by Zach. 

22 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Zach is going to tear it up. He is not going to throw an INT and show the bills what is up. He will throw for 350 yards and his first 3 TD game and 0 INTS. The Bills come out struggling and never really get things going.

Jets 28

Bills 10

Zach proves to everyone he is the Jets QB!!!!!!!!

There is nothing else to hope for but this. Saleh says he is the guy and this team will sink or swim by Zach. 

You get hacked bro?