Week 9: BUF Bills vs NY Jets

Bobby816

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Would take either scenario honestly. You can live with picks when you have many other big plays to come back with. This past week just wasn't the case. Too many turnovers and horrible decisions and only 1 or 2 big plays. The Mims big gainer down 12 with 3 mins to go just padded the stats. It was 22-10 late in the 4th due to his turnovers. Picks happen when you throw the ball down field and try and make plays. You can live with it if you QB is constantly moving the ball and getting you opportunities to score. I think Zach can absolutely do that. What scares me most is what is going on in his head when he actually has time. He leaves clean pockets too early. He doesn't step up (this makes it so much harder for our tackles). In fact I prefer he gets rid of the ball right away. He seems so much more accurate and poised when he knows where to go with the ball right away. Also wish we would design him more deep balls just to get him to be able to set his feet and throw instead of him trying to improvise and throw on the run. This is where I get upset with MLF. Make it easier for him. Less thinking, which seems to be a bit of an issue. BB does this seamlessly. Will have a random QB start and go 20/27  215 1 TD 0 INT because they keep it easy and balanced. Haven't lost faith, I was a big Zach guy. Still believe in the talent, but the awareness and IQ are scaring me. 

Maybe it’s a fake account but NFL/officiating organization came out and said the roughing the passer was bad (10 point swing), they missed OPI (4 point swing) and McCourty was out of bounds on another pick. Those things go our way we win and no one cares Zach didn’t get that ball OOB. 

Just now, jetsfan4life51 said:

Maybe it’s a fake account but NFL/officiating organization came out and said the roughing the passer was bad (10 point swing), they missed OPI (4 point swing) and McCourty was out of bounds on another pick. Those things go our way we win and no one cares Zach didn’t get that ball OOB. 

McCourty was definitely out of bounds. The camera angles just couldn’t confirm it IMO. But that left leg was on the white.

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yeah likely fake, I saw it too. All those things definitely killed us. The pick 6 was just pure insanity. That never gets called the other way. Just brutal.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Yeah likely fake, I saw it too. All those things definitely killed us. The pick 6 was just pure insanity. That never gets called the other way. Just brutal.

I can't believe the booth didn't make them pick it up. It's not like Mac Jones was slammed down or anything. The game shouldn't be changed because of a shove.

I believe this game will be a statement game for both teams. The Bills will want to demonstrate that they are offensively elite against one of the best CB tandems in the NFL.

The Jets D will want to establish themselves as one of the top defensive units in the league with a defensive gem.

The Jets do not win this game apart from a stellar performance from the defense. Special teams must step up as well. Against N.E. the Jets had 6 sacks I don't see a reason why the Jets cannot continue that trend.

As for the Patriots, I look for the Jets to rebound against them with a statement game. Will the Jets make the playoffs? The possibility exists that they can, will they or will they squander games like the N.E. game.

The Jets could win 10 games this season, but I see them 1 game above 500 at 9-8. They are a hodgepodge of pieces on the OL and have to many in house WR's who have to be traded in the offseason.

Mims and Moore are gone after the season. This is an up and coming team who will surprise no one next year. The league has been put on notice "these" Jets are not the Jets of the past.

If the Jets can find a way to beat the Bills the second half of the season is going to be special, if not, look for a 9-8 season and a miss at the playoffs.

What I'm looking for out of this:

* ZW take advantage of the opportunities given and throw the ball away when need to. Get things going with GW and Conklin again. 

* Tomlinson needs to step up or we'll cut him. 

* The biggest test for Sauce and Reed. Sauce is playing on another level. He's the 2nd highest graded CB in the league. In 5 games in October, he allowed 12/31 passing for 55 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT, 11.0 yds/game, 1.8 yds/target, and 33.4 QB rating. Season wise, 90.9 Coverage Grade In Single Coverage (Highest Grade), 12 Passes Defended (T-1st), and 13 Yards Allowed In Man Coverage (1st). This is WILD. Buffalo will try him, but I wouldn't be surprised if sauce made an example out of Diggs. 

* Jermaine Johnson's return is perfect. He should get more reps now that Martin is gone. He was great with the small amount of reps he was getting. 

* I expect the center of our defense to get chewed up. Offense, I'm not sure but we need to attack like we did against the Buccs last season before Carter got hurt.