Week 9: BUF Bills vs NY Jets

Bobby816

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

I think Wilson is one of those guys who will take longer to develop than some of these other QBs. IDK how good he will be, he is obviously very talented but the awareness isn't there yet.  He is a much better QB when he just takes off and runs sometimes, he is pretty fast but sometimes he wants to throw and not run.  He should be able to pick up a few first downs every game on the ground.

Our defense is legit. Elite CB tandem. Sauce is a special talent at CB, DJ Reed is really good, and Carter is a good NB. The DL is legit and can bring pressure. 

CJ Mosley was all over the field yesterday making plays.

Alot of Bills fans are on the Josh Allen regressed kick. I dont believe that. I think your defense should get more credit. 

15 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Alot of Bills fans are on the Josh Allen regressed kick. I dont believe that. I think your defense should get more credit. 

Josh Allen is elite, he just faced a really good defense.  Allen made plays happen too, his ground game is hard to stop. 

21 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

The two things we do best (rush with only 4 and have an elite CB tandem) is a recipe for success against JA.  He's fantastic with his legs as well so having the ability to not blitz and allow your LBs and SS to spy him more helps.  We can man up outside with anyone and get to the QB with only 4.  '

I wish Josh regressed but let be real it was a great defensive effort and maybe not his best game.  Allen will be a force in the division for a long time.  Sucks that we lose Brady and now have to deal with him but I'm glad we have the defense to make it a fun battle.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Dolphin fans especially on twitter, super toxic. They made a million excuses.  Like we don't have injuries.  We are missing multiple impact players. The fact that Tua didn't play, doesn't excuse getting 40 points put on you. 

Dude. Fins won yesterday and Fins fans are like 'Tua missed two throws in the 4th quarter.' It's awful. Even when you win, you lose.

Let's reset. Jets head coach,  Super Bowl DC level. Can he translate this to winning ways? Year Two, yes. Total attitude adjustment. 

It's so awesome to witness the buy-in. Destroyed the Fins, outSauced the Bills. The AFC East is a Sarlaac Pit. Chuffed to see the Jets on the prowl again, it makes us all better. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Dude. Fins won yesterday and Fins fans are like 'Tua missed two throws in the 4th quarter.' It's awful. Even when you win, you lose.

I hate stuff like this lol. These young QBs have to be damn near flawless these days. One or two bad throws and the videos are circulating social media. 

14 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I hate stuff like this lol. These young QBs have to be damn near flawless these days. One or two bad throws and the videos are circulating social media. 

Don't be so dramatic.  All we ask for is >90% completion rate, >400 yds and > than 3 TD a game.  Is that really too much to ask?

In all seriousness, Jet fans and maybe to a lesser degree Dolphin fans have been fighting for a seat at the dance for a while.  Patience might be in short supply.  Also, fans see QB's like Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes have such great success and lead their team for years to the playoffs.  They forget they did not start right away and got to learn from the sidelines.  They were more prepared and mature before taking over.

I only just got to watch the game and oh man, what a game. The team could've fallen into a hole after last week, facing probably the best team in the league. Instead, we come away with a huge win to take us into the bye.

Zach looked decisive and accurate for most of the game, and used his legs wisely and effectively. This and the Tampa game last year were clearly on another level as games where he's really looked like he was making quick decisions and giving his receivers room to run after the catch. Still some problems under pressure but he managed to get it out before the pressure much more than usual. There were good signs here.

Garrett Wilson is absurd. We're going to love having him here so much. 8 catches for 92 yards and his best catch didn't even count - the one hander out of bounds. When we have a WR2 again he might have some absolutely huge days.

Even the running game showed good life without Breece and really helped us seal the win late.

Sauce and D.J. Reed are probably the best CB tandem in the league. They're playing better than our Revis/Cromartie year in 2010.

We're seeing what Saleh's defense is supposed to look like with the front 4 generating consistent pressure. This is a top tier defense and you love to see it.

• Like 2

Watched the rest of the game and we executed well and were coached well.  Huge improvements all around on this team from the first 3-4 weeks.

Not to get ahead of myself but imagining another JD offseason and Zach growing has me so freaking excited.

MLF called a brilliant game and I can only imagine what it looks like with Breece instead of JRob.  It's easier when our OL is dominating, that won't happen every week, but they need to stick to the run and quick passes.  Allen could easily chew up our defense with quick passes but he kept going for the bigger gains.  Our CBs and pass rush are too good for that.  Zach got rid of the ball and FINALLY used his feet.  If he doesn't run for those 3rd downs and tries to make something happen it's probably a pick.  Glad to see he learned from his mistakes.  NE will be an awesome test for us I hope we embarass them.

• Like 1