Week 9: BUF Bills vs NY Jets

Bobby816

17 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I see no way we move on from Davis. Why would we?

I’m not saying we will or should, but if JD wants to save $10M and feels Mims can replace him, it may happen. I also think Davis’ injury history with this team factors into it.

Mims has 8 games to prove himself and I think he will be given the opportunity to do so. I also think he will prove himself worthy.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I’m not saying we will or should, but if JD wants to save $10M and feels Mims can replace him, it may happen. I also think Davis’ injury history with this team factors into it.

Mims has 8 games to prove himself and I think he will be given the opportunity to do so. I also think he will prove himself worthy.

Will he though? When Davis is back Mims’ snaps will go significantly down.

Trust me I’m a Mims fan and would love for him to succeed here with us. But it’s a numbers game for these guys. Davis and Wilson when healthy are starters. Moore, Mims and Berrios have to make the best of their chances in the snaps they split after that.

2 hours ago, xrade said:

I don't see how will JD cut Davis loose.  He stays until his contract expires.

Just saw that Robinson is questionable with a knee injury. 

Our oline has 3 people over 320lbs+ . They only have 1 person on their Dline that weighs over 300lbs. Our oline has to win their run blocking matchups. Keep targeting GW and Conklin. Throw some trick plays for Moore in. The most important part to Buffalo's defense were the safeties last year. They play a huge part in keeping the secondary good while CBs were injured. Milano is questionable and they have a rookie LB starting. Going up the middle maybe our best shot. 

On defense, it's doing a better job in the middle of the field and the obvious pressure/contain on Allen. My concern is the players like McKenzie, Cook, Hines, and Singletary. Not big names, but all can make plays throughout the game and win matchups. Our defense won't stand a chance if our front 4 can't apply pressure.