Week 9: Miami Dolphins (5-3) @ Chicago Bears (3-5)

TheKillerNacho

Week 9: MIA @ CHI  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Chicago Bears
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or fewer point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who will score the most fantasy points in this game?

• Tua Tagovailoa
    • Justin Fields
    • Raheem Mostert
    • Jeff Wilson
    • David Montgomery
    • Khalil Herbert
    • Tyreek Hill
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Trent Sherfield
    • Darnell Mooney
    • Chase Claypool
    • Dante Pettis
    • Equanimeous St. Brown
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Durham Smythe
    • Cole Kmet
    • Jason Sanders
    • Cairo Santos
    • Dolphins DST
    • Bears DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2022 at 06:01 PM

3 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

I couldn’t tell from the camera angle if contain was on Phillips or not on a couple plays where Fields broke outside the OT.  We run a stupid weird scheme and it can be tricky to tell when contain is on the edge or someone else.

We can go ahead and blame Elandon Roberts too.  I have no idea if anything was his fault, but I feel it probably was based on him being horrible.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

We can go ahead and blame Elandon Roberts too.  I have no idea if anything was his fault, but I feel it probably was based on him being horrible.

Team-leading 9 tackles, 5 solo?

Something is amiss. The opponents have deciphered the Fins' defense and know exactly how to attack. A good DC would adjust. 

This is very worrisome. 

OTOH, Baltimore and Chicago both having running QB's that gained massive yards. And still lost. 

• Like 1

I'm loving Tua's making throws all over the field, I'm hating Miami has scored 0 points in the fourth quarter the last 3 games Tua has been back. I'm loving the Defense closing out games for wins, I'm hating defense giving up big running and passing plays. I feel this team is a great defensive coordinator away from winning a Super Bowl. Go fins.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

I'm loving Tua's making throws all over the field, I'm hating Miami has scored 0 points in the fourth quarter the last 3 games Tua has been back. I'm loving the Defense closing out games for wins, I'm hating defense giving up big running and passing plays. I feel this team is a great defensive coordinator away from winning a Super Bowl. Go fins.

I get the D Backfield being injury depleted, but the lack of Sacks and QB knock downs is atrocious for such a talented Defensive front.  Specifically, from the edge defenders.  We have a ton of cap allocated to Ogbah, Chubb, and Phillips and the Defensive scheme needs to be adjusted to put those players in opportune scenarios.  No line shifts, no overloads, no stunt games with the tackle and edge.  Boyers idea of a Defensive pressure package is a Corner Blitz.

Something we saw from our Defense last season when Flores reportedly took over play calls was we became less focused on what the opposing Offense might be doing and more focused on what we wanted to do on Defense.  I would love to see our D get back to that philosophy of, let's do what we do and make them adjust to us.

Edited by Swampbilly

Fields did exactly what I feared he would. He is crazy talented running the ball. If he develops into a passing QB Chicago will be dangerous. I wouldn't get over reactionary with our defense's performance in this game athletic QB's of that degree are an anomaly. We could of done better for sure but we pulled out the W on the road. I do recall a lot of safety blitzes last year but I wonder if he have moved away from it with our secondary issues.   

We got away with a DPI but that is how the ball bounces sometimes. 

Jeff Wilson Jr. heck of an addition over Edmonds. 

Sanders fgs or lack thereof, are starting to concern me.  

Whatever you want to say about his ability to throw the long ball, Tua is the best QB we have had since Marino. He is accurate and decisive and I believe his arm is strong enough provided he can step into his throws.