GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. Literally Nothing

Nextyearfordaboyz

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Great bye week discussion point here…. https://fb.watch/gz1Vt3f1BV/

do you agree that the reason the cowboys didn’t make a move is because is grossly overpaid?

Seen Cowherd and decided not to watch. 

My opinion is, if Dallas didn’t like paying Cooper $20m/yr, they definitely weren’t going to like Cooks for $18m and the return compensation wasn’t high enough for Houston.  Add in the upcoming extensions for Diggs and CD and no deal. 

I don’t see how we catch the Eagles with their trash schedule. They’ll be favored by ~TD for every game the rest of the season except against us and @NYG.

Even if we assume that We beat Philly and they lose another game - we’d have to be perfect the rest of the way and hope to have the tie-breaker. NYG actually being decent (I have my doubts) and beating Philly twice is probably our only shot.

54 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t see how we catch the Eagles with their trash schedule. They’ll be favored by ~TD for every game the rest of the season except against us and @NYG.

Even if we assume that We beat Philly and they lose another game - we’d have to be perfect the rest of the way and hope to have the tie-breaker. NYG actually being decent (I have my doubts) and beating Philly twice is probably our only shot.

Don't have any illusions of Dallas overtaking Philly for the number 1 seed.

Philly has had the good fortune of a healthy team, garbage schedule, and the good teams they did play they got early in the season before they got any momentum. As for us, they got us with a back up QB and we got within 1 score late in the game to make it interesting.

This season for both teams has all the trappings of the season when we beat the NYG twice in the regular season, had a 13-3 record, home field throughout and in our 3rd meeting in the Div round at home we got beat by NYG.

Make no mistake, Philly is winning by playing mistake free ball, they mastered the quick sceen, 3 step drop and ball is out, supported by a solid running game and, as always, a stout defense.

But they do have a powder puff schedule.

They're OC has made it possible to get his WRs so open that Hurts doesn't have to be pinpoint accurate or throw his receiver open.

This builds his confidence and right now he is thriving.

I just feel that Dallas matches up well with them and when the post season comes, the Iggles will face a level if competition that their sorry *** regular season schedule simply didn't offer.

Dallas upsets them in the Div. Round in Philly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

As long as we Knock them off the undefeated perch week 15 and we are top of the wild card leader board I’m fine with that. 

Edited by textaz03

4 hours ago, textaz03 said:

As long as we Knock them off the undefeated perch week 15 and we are top of the wild card leader board I’m fine with that. 

I bet they lose another before week 15. 

538 has them projected at 14-3. That’s a pretty optimistic case for us. If so, we might have a puncher’s chance to catch them.

35 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I bet they lose another before week 15. 

538 has them projected at 14-3. That’s a pretty optimistic case for us. If so, we might have a puncher’s chance to catch them.

We don't need to catch them. Just stay healthy, clean up the mistakes, and go into Philly in January and wrap them right in the mouth!

2 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

We don't need to catch them. Just stay healthy, clean up the mistakes, and go into Philly in January and wrap them right in the mouth!

We’re 2 games back right now. Even if we are perfect the rest of the season, including beating them, that isn’t enough. Philly has to help us somehow by blowing a game or two where they are heavy favorites.

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We’re 2 games back right now. Even if we are perfect the rest of the season, including beating them, that isn’t enough. Philly has to help us somehow by blowing a game or two where they are heavy favorites.

I get it, I just wouldn't count on in it.

Besides we probably have another 2 or 3 losses in us.

16 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

I get it, I just wouldn't count on in it.

Besides we probably have another 2 or 3 losses in us.

Yeah, I agree. I think I misunderstood your last post. Let me re-respond:

18 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

While true that we don’t *need* to catch them. And to my original post, I think it will be nearly impossible.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not worth tracking. 2 home games to make the Super Bowl vs. 3 road games is a biiiiig difference. Probably decreasing your chances of making it to the Super Bowl by ~ 75%.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I agree. I think I misunderstood your last post. Let me re-respond:

While true that we don’t *need* to catch them. And to my original post, I think it will be nearly impossible.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not worth tracking. 2 home games to make the Super Bowl vs. 3 road games is a biiiiig difference. Probably decreasing your chances of making it to the Super Bowl by ~ 75%.

You would think so, but it hasn't worked out that way for us so far.

2009 NYG

2017 GB

Home field in the Div round and....poomf! Out we went.

Perhaps we should try the road route?