Trade Deadline Day!

Beck Bristow

26 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Two of the biggest days in the NFL still see relatively nothing from this front office.  Day 1 of free agency and trade deadline day.

We were pretty active in free agency. Have done well the past two years really. Don't think that continues this year but we'll see.

I guess I can't be too frustrated unless there is a trade that we could have made, but didn't.  Like was there a good corner traded for a 4th?

Also, yeah, Sydney Jones will do.

18 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I bet we could have gotten Elijah Moore from the Jets for a 4th. We have nothing at WR after our starting 3 (currently 2). 

Legitimately asking, if Elijah Moore isn't happy because he's not getting targets in New York, what makes you think he's not going to be a malcontent being WR4 in Cincinnati?  The Bengals' 4th leading WR in terms of targets is 9 targets.  Moore already has 30 targets on the season.

52 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Legitimately asking, if Elijah Moore isn't happy because he's not getting targets in New York, what makes you think he's not going to be a malcontent being WR4 in Cincinnati?  The Bengals' 4th leading WR in terms of targets is 9 targets.  Moore already has 30 targets on the season.

Good point. I'd say winning but not much evidence of that. I still think corner was the need you have to address. If you can't win with Boyd and Higgins you are doing something wrong 

Not really shocked we didn't make a move. This team rarely does and we know Duke values draft picks. With no additional picks this summer there is no way we were moving one for a player. Only hope would have been a player for player deal ala Billy Price. 

I do think Sydney Jones makes all the sense in the world now. 

On 11/2/2022 at 10:45 AM, CWood21 said:

Bengals have 3 starting WRs then 3 WRs who are mainly special teams players. Mike Thomas is the ST captain, Trent Taylor is the punt returner, and Stanley Morgan is a kick cover guy. Bengals don't normally give the 3 starters much of a rest so they might wear down. Having a WR4 who can actually play the position would help the team a lot and he'd get a good number of targets during Chase's absence. Bengals are going to be in catch up mode in a lot of games this season. 

On 11/3/2022 at 6:44 PM, sparky151 said:

Bengals have 3 starting WRs then 3 WRs who are mainly special teams players. Mike Thomas is the ST captain, Trent Taylor is the punt returner, and Stanley Morgan is a kick cover guy. Bengals don't normally give the 3 starters much of a rest so they might wear down. Having a WR4 who can actually play the position would help the team a lot and he'd get a good number of targets during Chase's absence. Bengals are going to be in catch up mode in a lot of games this season. 

Cincinnati was almost exclusively a 3 WR set offense last year, running 77% of their offensive snaps with 3 WRs on the field.  They ran 4+ WR sets only 2% of the time last year.  They ran more 1 WR sets than they did 4+ WR sets.  The only team last year that ran a significant amount (10%+) of 4 WRs sets last year was Arizona. Cincinnati wouldn't be able to get Elijah Moore the touches he would want to not be a malcontent.

Uh, it's because we run 3 WR sets all the time that we need more than 3 serviceable WRs. Our big 3 can't be expected to play 100% of the snaps, as evidenced by Chase's multi-week absence. Even when he returns, they will all need a break now and then. Trent Irwin isn't the answer.