Week 9: Titans @ Chiefs

TitanLegend

We get our 2nd primetime game of the season so far, traveling to Kansas City to take on a Chiefs team that will be coming off their bye week.

While the Titans were able to stifle the Chiefs offense last season, holding them to only 3 points, expecting a repeat of that is likely asking for far too much, so the return of Tannehill to bring a more balanced offensive attack than what we had Sunday vs the Texans will be crucial.

Could be seeing the return of Molden this week which would be a nice boost to a defense that has played pretty well over this 5 game stretch, but this will obviously be by far a better offense than any opponent we've had since Buffalo.

Players like Simmons and Dupree are more than likely gonna need to bring their A+ games for us to pull this upset off.

This one is gonna be tough. Chiefs are actually good against the run. We would have to play a perfect game to win this one in my eyes.

It will be interesting to see how we match up with them post Tyreke. We have to make Mahomes fight for every yard. Make him make mistakes. Which is our strong suit. My worry is we do not have enough on the back end to cover what they have. The front line needs to absolutely wreck.

If 22 is going we win. 100+ from 22 we win. Anything less, its a wrap.

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

It helps that our division is doo doo, but still impressive. Wish we could post that stat to end the year. 😏 

Meh. Colts made Matt Ryan look like he was on the comeback trail. We ended his career (most likely). We can beat the Chiefs. Seems like every year we play the Chiefs we’re projected to get smashed. Then we play the reverse uno card. 

54 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Meh. Colts made Matt Ryan look like he was on the comeback trail. We ended his career (most likely). We can beat the Chiefs. Seems like every year we play the Chiefs we’re projected to get smashed. Then we play the reverse uno card. 

It really has amazed me just how well our D has responded with so many key injuries but that is our DNA I guess.  Have a ton of injuries and overcome until end of season when they've just accumulated too much.  I also am not too worried about our WR at this point.  I just want to see us end the season with healthy D, OL, King, Tanny and two of Hooper, Chig, Swaim and three of McMath, Burks, Woods and Westbrook. 

A win would be huge for my mental being as it puts us back in bye territory.  Though we have a ton of games that will be real hard to win coming up...  Dallas, @ SD (we never play well here), @ Philly, Cincy (is Chase back?), @ GB  (just our luck to get them when they are not struggling?)  I would be happy with 3-2 over this stretch.  

A loss means a 4 seed behind Ravens most likely.  Ravens have a cake walk end to the year..  at Cincy to end but before that @ Clev is their hardest game....