Vikings trade for TJ Hockenson

swede700

8 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

distribution frequency of passes on the field. the brighter the color the more frequent the pass attempt. After TJ, the depth of the passes increased, and the frequency of targeted areas decreased. We became less predictable on the routes/targets, and started throwing farther downfield.

Sweet! PAY THE MAN!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Most Receptions by a TE,
First 10 Games with a Franchise,
Since 1970:

T.J. Hockenson, MIN (60)
Kellen Winslow, CLE (56)
Keith Jackson, PHI (54)
Tony Gonzalez, KC (52)
Jermaine Wiggins, MIN (51)

Hock: “That’s not really anything I’m focused on. I mean, it is what it is. I think that’s no secret that that’s coming up, but that’s not a focus that I’m worried about. I’m just out here playing football, having fun with the guys, really enjoying the city of Minneapolis and trying to get around these fans."

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/top_news/mystery-dwindles-on

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Vikings general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah traded for Hockenson at last year’s trade deadline, and the man immediately seized Minnesota’s offense by the throat. In fact, onboarding Hockenson can reasonably be considered Adofo-Mensah’s wisest move to date as the Vikings boss.

Thankfully for the Vikings and the team’s fans’ sake, an upcoming Hockenson extension isn’t too mysterious — it just eventually has to get done. It’s akin to Jefferson’s status throughout the offseason, where Vikings leaders affirmed for five months that extending Jefferson was a no-brainer, yet the deal hasn’t been finalized. Hockenson lives in that territory, too.

ESPN’s Kevin Seifert: “While the Vikings’ financial attention has been occupied elsewhere this offseason, most notably in a complicated contract negotiation with All-Pro receiver Justin Jefferson, it’s clear they plan to address Hockenson’s deal as well. Progress is more likely to take place later this summer.”

The 25-year-old grabbed 60 receptions in 10 games as a Viking, a pace fetching 102 catches if spanned to a 17-game season. The 60 receptions were also the most in NFL history by a tight end in his first 10 games with a franchise.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/needing-a-contract?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

I just read that, per Kevin Seifert, a resolution on Hockenson's extension can be expected soon.  I didn't know that serious negotiations on that contract had even started yet.  I thought that Kwesi would be concentrating heavily on reaching an acceptable agreement with Hunter before he could devote ANY time to Hockenson's, or even Jefferson's deals.

Edited by Robb_K