Bears trade for Chase Claypool

beardown3231

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Uh, Breer is wrong. It's the Bears' original pick

I reckon what that says is that the interest from GB was probably legit and we jumped them…no one ever wants to give up the higher pick but if he goes for 100 yard 2 TDs in a game this season everyone will forget about this.

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I Really dont like this

While I think our picks (Bears and Ravens) could be closer than many think right now, A potential Top 40 pick is not what I want to be sending away

Ya that makes me think we overpaid a bit. I really hope Breer is right and not Rapaport or Schefter 

Either way I feel like we'll be seeing some movement down from Poles in the 1st round which may net us back some extra picks 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Would you rather have had Jeudy or Claypool?

Trufully? Claypool as he has been more productive and his real size & physicality…

Also think it is going to be super interesting to see what he can do with Fields given how good a deep ball thrower he is…Big Ben couldn’t drive the ball down the field his last few years…we know how bad Trubisky was going deep…Pickett doesn’t seem much better…can he become a dominant deep ball threat with the right QB? I certainly hope so.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I reckon what that says is that the interest from GB was probably legit and we jumped them…no one ever wants to give up the higher pick but if he goes for 100 yard 2 TDs in a game this season everyone will forget about this.

Would make sense

22 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m glad you did something 

but Poles moves are super concerning 

We’ll find out if it works, but that’s a big price when you could’ve had George Pickens for a 2nd. 

Several of us wanted it, and in the draft Claypool was in I drafted him over Kmet. 

Still it's a big improvement to the WR group. 

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Would you rather have had Jeudy or Claypool?

Claypool 100%. 

I'm good with this. Obviously wish we used BAL's pick but I'm not going to complain.  Vlaypools a really talented young guy who should fit in with Fields and take pressure off Mooney. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

Claypool 100%. 

I'm good with this. Obviously wish we used BAL's pick but I'm not going to complain.  Vlaypools a really talented young guy who should fit in with Fields and take pressure off Mooney. 

If he can draw more #1 CBs, and battle them with his size and ball skills, that really opens up Mooney to go back to what he was doing previous years. And if they keep the #1 CBs on Mooney, then Claypool should just Bully #2s.

Although I think we will keep the system simplified for a while. It will likely be next year we see more of this, and then we pay whoever we want out of the 2 (maybe even both, we have enough cap space)

• Like 1

Packer's fans - we want Claypool!

Bears get him -   Claypool was a worthless bum.  We got lucky.

I said same thing when I thought Packers were going to draft Pickens.  If they got him I was going to be like:  Ticking time bomb head case.

If we got him I was going to be like - bully boy stud.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If he can draw more #1 CBs, and battle them with his size and ball skills, that really opens up Mooney to go back to what he was doing previous years. And if they keep the #1 CBs on Mooney, then Claypool should just Bully #2s.

Although I think we will keep the system simplified for a while. It will likely be next year we see more of this, and then we pay whoever we want out of the 2 (maybe even both, we have enough cap space)

I agree and think that is best all round for the offence in year 1…that said the beauty of Claypool is he can win on physical traits alone…run straight faster than most then jump higher than most and catch the ball…it’s basically what GB thought Watson was going to be…difference is Claypool has shown he can catch the ball.

• Like 1