Bears trade for Chase Claypool

beardown3231

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Twitter has been saying Roquan for Claypool straight up since the holdout.  

Now basically that is what just happened and Bears fans are mad.

I have always said Bears fans are really stupid.

have you though?

"I think Bears fans are smarter than that." - you, roughly 4 hours ago

I have said this a few times on this thread, I think we go defense heavy again this year in the draft. If you would have told me that we drafted a WR with the exact same physical profile and Notre Dame pedigree with our 2nd round pick this year, I would be happy.

Im pretty sure we are going heavy on both sides of the trenches this year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I have said this a few times on this thread, I think we go defense heavy again this year in the draft. If you would have told me that we drafted a WR with the exact same physical profile and Notre Dame pedigree with our 2nd round pick this year, I would be happy.

Im pretty sure we are going heavy on both sides of the trenches this year. 

Jalen Carter and Noah Sewell, step right up!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

If you would have told me that we drafted a WR with the exact same physical profile and Notre Dame pedigree with our 2nd round pick this year, I would be happy.

I think this is the right way to look at this move. Especially since we’ve already seen his floor with semi-competent QB play (the Ben years, not this year). That, coupled with the WR market this coming offseason being highly underwhelming made this type of move the most logical play.

The 2023 FA WR market already looks super thin as it is today, but wait until after Lazard and Chark get extended. It’s this, or bidding wars over guys like Juju, Hardman, Jakobi Meyers and Jarvis Landry with several other teams, some contenders.  Anyone excited about giving any of those guys a Christian Kirk type deal? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think this is the right way to look at this move. Especially since we’ve already seen his floor with semi-competent QB play (the Ben years, not this year). That, coupled with the WR market this coming offseason being highly underwhelming made this type of move the most logical play.

The 2023 FA WR market already looks super thin as it is today, but wait until after Lazard and Chark get extended. It’s this, or bidding wars over guys like Juju, Hardman, Jakobi Meyers and Jarvis Landry with several other teams, some contenders.  Anyone excited about giving any of those guys a Christian Kirk type deal? 

i honestly wouldn't hate giving juju a deal to play power slot, with Mooney and CC on the outside and VJ12 getting all the gadget type plays. 

also, would like to see them snag Gesecki with all their FA money as a move TE and have Kmet play the role of #2/blocker