OT Marcus Gilbert suspended - PED

warfelg

Well that sucks. I'd assume that's why we made the practice squad move. We need Hubbard to continue his decent play. 

Honestly, his loss probably hurts us the least this year. He's been out or playing below his standard all year. It does suck that this puts him at risk of missing more games. 

2 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

What ped was it? Was it something he was using because of that injury?

this is what I am trying to figure out, as he claims inadvertently taking what had the PED. Too bad, he might have made the pro bowl but OTOH he has less of a chance for injury over the next 4 weeksxD

Hawkins and Hubbard are the replacements but which will play? I can't remember Hawkins playing a snap in regular season play.

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

this is what I am trying to figure out, as he claims inadvertently taking what had the PED. Too bad, he might have made the pro bowl but OTOH he has less of a chance for injury over the next 4 weeksxD

Hawkins and Hubbard are the replacements but which will play? I can't remember Hawkins playing a snap in regular season play.

It’s gotta be Hubbard. I don’t think Hawkins has even been active this year. I was pretty excited about him this year but he’s been a disappointment. 

3 hours ago, Chieferific said:

What's the deal with Hawkins?

He's been disappointing.  Feiler got playing time over him, which isn't a strong endorsement by the coaching staff.  Everyone seemed to assume last year that he was going to be great.  I was hoping he would be, but definitely not drinking that kool aid prematurely.  If he doesn't take another step forward by next year, I think he'll be gone by 2019.

1 minute ago, JLambert58 said:

He's been disappointing.  Feiler got playing time over him, which isn't a strong endorsement by the coaching staff.  Everyone seemed to assume last year that he was going to be great.  I was hoping he would be, but definitely not drinking that kool aid prematurely.  If he doesn't take another step forward by next year, I think he'll be gone by 2019.

But is it a case of slowed development because of injury or just plain suckiness?

Near unlimited resources as far as knowledge and actually supplements...yet these guys get caught "inadvertently taking a banned substance". 

Its bull. You cheated. You knew what you were doing or you were too stupid to try to actually fact check and figure it out. 

I'm not that upset about losing Gilbert right now. He has been pretty fantastic for us but in general, I think we are okay. But this stuff drives me nuts. Just don't be stupid. That's all you need to do and guys can't even accomplish that...

8 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Hubbard was a turnstile for 3 years.  Now he is a very capable backup.  In Munchak I trust.

One positive spin on this would be Gilbert might actually be healthy now headed into the playoffs. We haven't noticed a massive drop off with Hubbard(I'd still take Gilbert 10/10 times) and Gilbert has looked hampered by his lingering hammy. Take a few weeks off to rehab that thing and get back by the playoffs ready to kick some Chiefs/Jags/Pats butts. 

5 hours ago, jebrick said:

Hubbard was a turnstile for 3 years.  Now he is a very capable backup.  In Munchak I trust.

He's had some turnstile moments this year too.  Though he did play better in recent weeks before Gilbert returned.  I trust in Munchak to have these guys ready until he returns.  My only concern is, Hubbard was first man off the bench, and as a 6th OL/TE in some situations, now that person is Feiler I guess.  Either way, we should likely be fine except for NE.

Just now, JLambert58 said:

He's had some turnstile moments this year too.  Though he did play better in recent weeks before Gilbert returned.  I trust in Munchak to have these guys ready until he returns.  My only concern is, Hubbard was first man off the bench, and as a 6th OL/TE in some situations, now that person is Feiler I guess.  Either way, we should likely be fine except for NE.

I thought last time this happened it was FInney that came in as the 6th O-linemen. 

Archived