Draft pick watch

Louis Friend

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Aaron Donald with an ankle sprain. Seeing doctors and will know more by Wednesday what the Rams will do with him for the season. Rams without Stafford, Kupp, Robinson and Donald for the year? If Chicago and L.A. both lose out their remaining games, what's the tiebreaker? 

Probably strength of schedule.  The Rams seem to have a weaker strength of schedule so they would win out.  Honestly, I could see the Rams shutting down Aaron Donald and Matthew Stafford.  What is the point of risking their health?  Especially Stafford with his neck injury.  Good coaches can make lemonade from lemons.  We are going to find out how good Sean McVay really because it is on paper, it is tough to see them winning another game.

Edited by Just Want A Title

I think strength of schedule is going to be the key down the stretch.  It is tough to see the Broncos winning more than 1-2 games.  The same could be said for the Raiders as well.  Chicago has a pretty tough schedule at the end of the season and may not win another game either.  Even if Stafford comes back, the Rams might only win one more game.  The Colts may be in the mix for an early pick and aren't likely to win more than 1-2 games either.  

There are a lot of teams sitting at 3-7/3-8 with dim prospects for picking up wins before the season ends.  The Rams pick could move around quite a but they have a pretty low strength of schedule compared to the other teams.

• Like 1

Houston just isn't going to be caught. Not to be funny, but outside of Davis Mills whom they benched and their draft picks from last season, without looking at their roster, I cannot name one Texan currently. Even with bad teams, they have good players or solid position groups, Texans have nothing currently to build on. 

Chicago's schedule is tough down the stretch. They might not win another game. And they still have their bye week. 

Rams have a slightly more favorable schedule but unless their key guys come back to try to eek out a meaningless win, I don't see them winning another game either. Wonder if Ramsey would be available for trade.

Denver is a mess. I've never liked Wilson. He's always been carried by his defense and run game. But his lackadaisical attitude is something I was not aware of until now. I guess if you're making $250M and banging Ciara, nothing else matters.

Las Vegas is a weird team. They aren't a top team but they have enough good players that they shouldn't be a bad team. It's hard to read them for me. 

Pittsburgh has found something with Pickett/Pickens as of late. Will be interesting to see what they do this off-season.

Carolina is a mess. HC? QB? Are they trying to win? Are they tanking? Nobody knows. 

Green Bay should shut Rodgers down and play Jordan Love. They probably won't though. 

Colts seemed to be a QB away last season. Instead of drafting one, they traded for Matt Ryan. Now they've fired their coach and hired Jeff Saturday. I don't get it. 

Jacksonville seems to be on a similar trajectory as the Lions. Their defense is ahead of ours. Our Offense is ahead despite not having a long term QB on the roster. This week's game will be fun. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

Green Bay should shut Rodgers down and play Jordan Love. They probably won't though. 

At least not until they're officially eliminated.  But the bigger issue is their SOS.  Of the teams picking inside the top 15, only Chicago and Detroit are close in terms of SOS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Houston just isn't going to be caught. Not to be funny, but outside of Davis Mills whom they benched and their draft picks from last season, without looking at their roster, I cannot name one Texan currently. Even with bad teams, they have good players or solid position groups, Texans have nothing currently to build on. 

Chicago's schedule is tough down the stretch. They might not win another game. And they still have their bye week. 

Rams have a slightly more favorable schedule but unless their key guys come back to try to eek out a meaningless win, I don't see them winning another game either. Wonder if Ramsey would be available for trade.

Denver is a mess. I've never liked Wilson. He's always been carried by his defense and run game. But his lackadaisical attitude is something I was not aware of until now. I guess if you're making $250M and banging Ciara, nothing else matters.

Las Vegas is a weird team. They aren't a top team but they have enough good players that they shouldn't be a bad team. It's hard to read them for me. 

Pittsburgh has found something with Pickett/Pickens as of late. Will be interesting to see what they do this off-season.

Carolina is a mess. HC? QB? Are they trying to win? Are they tanking? Nobody knows. 

Colts seemed to be a QB away last season. Instead of drafting one, they traded for Matt Ryan. Now they've fired their coach and hired Jeff Saturday. I don't get it. 

Jacksonville seems to be on a similar trajectory as the Lions. Their defense is ahead of ours. Our Offense is ahead despite not having a long term QB on the roster. This week's game will be fun. 

The Texans still have Tunsil at LT who has been really good, and their draft class last year has been solid but yeah, they are rough.  Brandin Cooks was solid but he is washed at this point.  

Pitt I am still iffy on.  Pickett still has a 3 to 6 TD/INT ratio in 8 games, which is just not going to cut it.  

Vegas I agree, its odd how bad they are.  McDaniels is a garbage coach and they should fire him before he blows that up like he did Denver.  No way a team with Adams, Renfrow, Waller, Jacobs and Carr should not be able to move the ball and put up more points than we have.  That should be one of the best offenses in the league and now that they suck and are hurt, they are just tanking at this point.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

At least not until they're officially eliminated.  But the bigger issue is their SOS.  Of the teams picking inside the top 15, only Chicago and Detroit are close in terms of SOS.

I know Green Bay fanbase, in the past, has been torn on Love. What's the feeling right now? I watched their last game and he seems to be making good reads and already looks like he's on the same page as Watson. What is Green Bay expecting Rodgers to do this off-season? 

Edited by Louis Friend

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I know Green Bay fanbase, in the past, has been torn on Love. What's the feeling right now? I watched their last game and he seems to be making good reads and already looks like he's on the same page as Watson. What is Green Bay expecting Rodgers to do this off-season? 

Probably split.  You've got the vocal group that says he's a bust because the Packers handed Rodgers a massive extension, and the majority that say TBD but optimistic.  I think at this point, the majority of the fanbase is ready to IR Rodgers and see what we have in Jordan Love.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Probably split.  You've got the vocal group that says he's a bust because the Packers handed Rodgers a massive extension, and the majority that say TBD but optimistic.  I think at this point, the majority of the fanbase is ready to IR Rodgers and see what we have in Jordan Love.

I'm torn on if I want you guys to win or lose this week. 😂 Green Bay with a win motivates Rodgers to play and IMO, that doesn't benefit GB right now. If GB loses, Chicago wins and Rams pick goes to #2. Yep. Rooting for da Bears. 😭

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm torn on if I want you guys to win or lose this week. 😂 Green Bay with a win motivates Rodgers to play and IMO, that doesn't benefit GB right now. If GB loses, Chicago wins and Rams pick goes to #2. Yep. Rooting for da Bears. 😭

Realistically speaking, Chicago probably has only one more winnable game (Minnesota Week 17), and that's only if Minnesota is locked into their playoff spot.  Green Bay probably has 2 more winnable games (Rams and Lions).  Non-Packers fans should be rooting for Chicago.

• Like 1

Sean McVay told reporters that Matthew Stafford is still in concussion protocol and has made no progress since entering protocol. That is very scary. Stafford did not get a stinger during a game. He informed them of numbness in his limbs from a possibly neck injury and apparently that has not improved. I know we want a good pick, but this seems much more severe than originally anticipated. IMO, he has nothing left to prove. I agree with his wife that he should consider walking away. He has four young daughters to watch grow up, walk down the aisle, etc. Something's are bigger than football. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, teude said:

Stafford will miss rest of the season, safe to say our Rams pick will be top 3.

I am glad they did right by Matthew Stafford.  I won't make a prediction about where the pick will land but of the remaining games on their schedule, the only winnable games are against the Raiders and Broncos.  Even beating the Raiders is questionable.  The pick we receive from the Rams should be in the top-5 somewhere.

Edited by Just Want A Title

This is the best thing for Stafford. He needs to think about life after football. We all know he's a competitor. But you have a wife and four daughters to think about. 

Rams could still win a game and that pick could be top 5 instead of top 2, but some things are bigger than football.