Draft pick watch

Louis Friend

9 hours ago, General Tso said:

Don't look now, but Arizona is also a threat to get ahead of the Rams now that Kyler tore his ACL.

They face Denver at Denver, still want Denver to win that, but yeah, I'm not sure Arizona wins another game this year...

Colt McCoy can do some things if he's given protection and they have the weapons on offense. I question if Kingsbury is going to last this year. 

9 hours ago, General Tso said:

Don't look now, but Arizona is also a threat to get ahead of the Rams now that Kyler tore his ACL.

They face Denver at Denver, still want Denver to win that, but yeah, I'm not sure Arizona wins another game this year...

Arizona is God awful. They need to blow it up and start over. 

22 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

If they really blow things up maybe we can poach Isiah Simmons from their roster.  They may not have the luxury of keeping him and Zaven Collins if there is a GM/Coach change.  

I was watching the game last night, and they are just awful and undisciplined across the board. 

I'm not sweating this pick so hard anymore. Even if it ends up being #6 or #8, there are still Bresee, Tyree Wilson, Myles Murphy, or take your favorite CB, or trade with someone who wants Levis... I think now we've passed the time when we have to pray the Lions will hit on that one star player who will turn everything around. Of course it would be nice to get the highest possible pick but getting these guys we've gotten in rounds 3-6 takes the pressure off

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I'm not sweating this pick so hard anymore. Even if it ends up being #6 or #8, there are still Bresee, Tyree Wilson, Myles Murphy, or take your favorite CB, or trade with someone who wants Levis... I think now we've passed the time when we have to pray the Lions will hit on that one star player who will turn everything around. Of course it would be nice to get the highest possible pick but getting these guys we've gotten in rounds 3-6 takes the pressure off

I figured this pick would land between 6-10 but it has stayed in the top-5 longer than I thought.  As long as the Rams keep losing, we should be G2G.

13 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I agree with this, but still rooting against the Rams this week.  Its tough because the Packers could be in the playoff hunt too but they really shouldn't matter as long as we do what we need to do.  Especially since we play them in the final week so given that I will root for our pick to be the best it can be.  The only time I may have to pull for a Rams win would be week 17 when they play the Seahawks if it determines our playoff chances still.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I agree with this, but still rooting against the Rams this week.  Its tough because the Packers could be in the playoff hunt too but they really shouldn't matter as long as we do what we need to do.  Especially since we play them in the final week so given that I will root for our pick to be the best it can be.  The only time I may have to pull for a Rams win would be week 17 when they play the Seahawks if it determines our playoff chances still.  

I suspect the Rams will pick up another win against the Broncos.  They have a decent chance against the Seahawks also now that they have Baker Mayfield.

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

Baker Mayfield is a lot like Brett Favre early in his career.  Brett Favre was traded to the Packers because he enjoyed the Atlanta nightlife too much and was immature.  Maybe this whole process will humble him enough to consistently play to his talent level.

Don't bet on that. I heard that about Johnny Manziel for a minute too