Bradley Chubb traded to Dolphins

Broncofan

19 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Not to mention, those late 1sts are VERY valuable to teams, given the 5th year option. 

I made my thoughts clear on Chubb. A good player, maybe very good in some people's eyes - he is going to get paid like an excellent/elite player and this team cannot afford to pay him that. Not when we already have one pass rusher who's been paid and talent waiting in the wings.

Always liked his character. Just got on with his work and said very little. Good luck to him.

Agreed. As a person he seems like a great guy and I hope this works out well for him. Its just not something that makes sense for us right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

I don't think Edmonds is a world beater, but he's indisputably a better RB than Marlon Mack, and MG3 isn't exactly in good graces in Denver. Murray definitely appears to be the best of the bunch at the moment. 

Agreed.   And Murray isn’t a beat-you-in-space / 2-minute drill guy.   Edmonds is exactly that guy.    Murray on run downs and Edmonds in pass / catch-up / 2-minute drills (and run threat as a cross-up but not a bell cow) works far better for us than the 3-headed ugliness we’ve seen since Javonte went down.   It’s a far better short term solution.   We can figure out long term next year.   As a help-now throw-in it’s actually a decent play.  

No contender is giving up decent trench help and given we got the 1st plus small pick upgrade this is actually a decent help-now move.  

Ppl complaining about Edmonds coming back (which is actually happening online) need to check themselves - the pick return was amazing.   We extend Dre’mont it’s a home run win.   And Edmonds actually helps us this year.    No contender is giving up more than what MIA gave us.     Win-win-win all around.   

Edited by Broncofan

39 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Agreed.   And Murray isn’t a beat-you-in-space / 2-minute drill guy.   Edmonds is exactly that guy.    Murray on run downs and Edmonds in pass / catch-up / 2-minute drills (and run threat as a cross-up but not a bell cow) works far better for us than the 3-headed ugliness we’ve seen since Javonte went down.   It’s a far better short term solution.   We can figure out long term next year.   As a help-now throw-in it’s actually a decent play.  

No contender is giving up decent trench help and given we got the 1st plus small pick upgrade this is actually a decent help-now move.  

Ppl complaining about Edmonds coming back (which is actually happening online) need to check themselves - the pick return was amazing.   We extend Dre’mont it’s a home run win.   And Edmonds actually helps us this year.    No contender is giving up more than what MIA gave us.     Win-win-win all around.   

Broncos fans are largely delusional. There's nothing to complain about with this return.

• Like 3

Some of these tweets were really getting my hopes up for a crazy haul (2 first rounders), but we're still lucky to get the 1+ from Miami. I like Chubb but he's an above average player who will get over paid in 6 months. Recouping likely a late first for him given how our season has been going is the right move. 

Generally, my assumption is Paton approaches impeding FAs with the choice of signing a team friendly extension by the trade deadline or get traded. I wonder if TP and Courtland didn't sign last year, if they would have been traded too. 

As I posted in the news forum thread, Chubb is good not great which is surprising why the Fins gave up a 1st. He's quite solid in run blocking and is a great help defender but in terms of actual sacks or even getting touches on QBs, he's quite poor. This all changed after his ACL tear and he was never the same. However, this also could have been because after that, he wasn't opposite of Von Miller anymore. Either way, Chubb has never even looked great except that rookie season. He's 100% not worth big money...and like most of you, that's seeing every single snap this guy has played. We honestly fleeced them....no clue how we got an extra pick thrown in as well as a short-term RB experiment. George Paton continues to impress in most areas

Chubb is clearly a Robin who’s about to be paid like Batman. Which is absolutely fine for a team who’s got their Batman on a rookie deal, but that’s not us. I’m not sure if Phillips will turn into a true top dog, but he’s got 3 more cheap years after this, so it would certainly be a reasonable bet for Miami to give Chubb the bag. Those two will make a nice tandem, and it will probably play up because that offence is gonna score points and put opponents into more passing situations.

• Like 2

I’ve always liked Bradley Chubb.  I think injuries zapped him a bit from reaching his full potential.

Great trade.  Getting a 1st for him and a depth RB with it is a terrific return.  I don’t think Chubb is the difference in Denver winning or losing games and while Edmonds has been poor in Miami, he was a solid RB with Arizona and this team needed talent and depth in the backfield.  

4 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Some of these tweets were really getting my hopes up for a crazy haul (2 first rounders), but we're still lucky to get the 1+ from Miami. I like Chubb but he's an above average player who will get over paid in 6 months. Recouping likely a late first for him given how our season has been going is the right move. 

Generally, my assumption is Paton approaches impeding FAs with the choice of signing a team friendly extension by the trade deadline or get traded. I wonder if TP and Courtland didn't sign last year, if they would have been traded too. 

When I heard Paton was pushing for two first rounders I thought for sure this trade would never happen.  I'm so glad he pulled this off.  This was a good team move for our future.  I also like the fact that he showed Wilson who runs the team - remember Wilson came out and said he hoped Jeudy and Chubb would remain.  Now if that was Wilson just posturing for the locker room who knows but nevertheless if the diva was trying to bully the gm into thinking his/Wilson's way  then I'm glad Paton stood up for the overall good for the team.  Ps as much as Jeudy disappointed me I would not have traded him unless we got a first.  Overall a good day for us broncos but I did like chubb but the team comes first...............

1 hour ago, anewdawn said:

When I heard Paton was pushing for two first rounders I thought for sure this trade would never happen.  I'm so glad he pulled this off.  This was a good team move for our future.  I also like the fact that he showed Wilson who runs the team - remember Wilson came out and said he hoped Jeudy and Chubb would remain.  Now if that was Wilson just posturing for the locker room who knows but nevertheless if the diva was trying to bully the gm into thinking his/Wilson's way  then I'm glad Paton stood up for the overall good for the team.  Ps as much as Jeudy disappointed me I would not have traded him unless we got a first.  Overall a good day for us broncos but I did like chubb but the team comes first...............

I almost threw up when I saw that tweet.    There's a saying amongst accountants (I'm not one lol) - the smart pig gets fat, the greedy ones get slaughtered.   I was so relieved when I saw the tweet confirming the trade going down - I was fearful Paton was trying to squeeze too hard.   Sure, there's a non-exclusive franchise tag that you can put where a team that signs him forfeits 2 1sts - but there's no guarantee anyone would do that - and we'd be stuck with the 20M tag if no one did.   

Honestly, once the news came out that a 1st was in play, it was a no-brainer to get this deal done.   To get an actual win-now asset that we're not tied to next year if we don't want to go there in Edmonds, and getting the small 5th to 4th 2024 upgrade...is just icing on the cake.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Everyone is very positive about the return and I agree. I will say it sucks to be in this situation and would have been pretty nice to hold on to Chubb for a playoff run and then franchise tag him.

But yeah this gives us a lot more flexibility and it is a position where we have depth.

Trading a WR never made sense because that is selling super low on guys where we have bad depth at the position. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I almost threw up when I saw that tweet.    There's a saying amongst accountants (I'm not one lol) - the smart pig gets fat, the greedy ones get slaughtered.   I was so relieved when I saw the tweet confirming the trade going down - I was fearful Paton was trying to squeeze too hard.   Sure, there's a non-exclusive franchise tag that you can put where a team that signs him forfeits 2 1sts - but there's no guarantee anyone would do that - and we'd be stuck with the 20M tag if no one did.   

Honestly, once the news came out that a 1st was in play, it was a no-brainer to get this deal done.   To get an actual win-now asset that we're not tied to next year if we don't want to go there in Edmonds, and getting the small 5th to 4th 2024 upgrade...is just icing on the cake.

You got beef with accountants bro?? 

• Like 1