What 5 things do the Titans need to make it to the super bowl?

Farsendor1

1. Healthy Mariota

2. Kevin Byard to progress 

3. CBs actually need to play and cover receivers. 

4. Special teams need to win onside kicks. 

5. 15+ yard punt returns. 

Those 5 things in my opinion could shoot the Titans up to the top. Offense on paper looks great I think the largest issues is defense and special teams. 

1.) Healthy and more consistent Mariota

2.) Much improved receiving core to be just that

3.) Much better DB play

4.) OL and running game plays just as good as last year if not better

5.) More consistent pass-rush

These are kind of broad but fit the narrative. Also was wondering why it's double space between each line on the new forum?

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

1.) Healthy and more consistent Mariota

2.) Much improved receiving core to be just that

3.) Much better DB play

4.) OL and running game plays just as good as last year if not better

5.) More consistent pass-rush

These are kind of broad but fit the narrative. Also was wondering why it's double space between each line on the new forum?

Just starts a new paragraph. You can start a new line with shift+enter if you prefer.

18 minutes ago, Farsendor1 said:

I'm surprised with lack of special teams play. Am I missing something? 

Winning onside kicks isn't going to decide whether this team goes to the super bowl. Hell if the team provides the 5 things I mentioned, the team should be winning a lot anyway and onside kicks isn't going to make a difference. Kick coverage and returning needs to be better but I wouldn't put it top 5.

43 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Winning onside kicks isn't going to decide whether this team goes to the super bowl. Hell if the team provides the 5 things I mentioned, the team should be winning a lot anyway and onside kicks isn't going to make a difference. Kick coverage and returning needs to be better but I wouldn't put it top 5.

I was more or less thinking about field position when I typed that out. I mean it made sense in my head lol. 

1 hour ago, Farsendor1 said:

I'm surprised with lack of special teams play. Am I missing something? 

I think, compared to most of the things appearing on the lists, special teams is just bound to be better. Virtually every signing beyond the top three were made to address special teams issues. Most of the other ones are centered around improvement from younger players.

1, Healthy Marcus Mariota (Nuff said)
2. At least an average pass defense (secondary)
3. Relevant special teams. (A lot of the teams I think back that have won, have special teams unit that can produce field position or points)
4. Solid O-Line play. (Protect and dominate in run game)
5. Dynamic plays from the LBs. (We need more splash plays from our LBs. Pass rush or Pass Defense. We need them to make some splash plays).

11 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

1) Mariota needs to become a top echelon QB

2) Corey Davis needs to be the real deal

3) Defense needs to be a Top 10 maybe Top 7 D

4) Both return games have to be good 

5) Brady needs to get hurt

Ouch at number 5. I mean I want Titans to win but not at the expense of other players. I think they could win at some point even with a healthy Brady. 

49 minutes ago, Farsendor1 said:

Ouch at number 5. I mean I want Titans to win but not at the expense of other players. I think they could win at some point even with a healthy Brady. 

617 is a lover, not a fighter. I think he meant it facetiously...like, we'd need Tom Brady to not be playing for us to have a shot, because otherwise we could never get past the Pats.

Archived