What 5 things do the Titans need to make it to the super bowl?

Farsendor1

I think the Patriots are getting a bit overrated at this point. They're great. For sure. But so many people are just handing them the SB . They arguably only got better at one position this offseason. They should unquestionably be the favorites going into the season, but they aren't unbeatable. I think a lot of their hype stems from an epic collapse and an incredibly lucky, terrible pass that Edelman came up with.

That's not to say I think we have a real shot to beat them this year. But, on paper, this isn't even the best Patriots team of the last decade. And even that team didn't win a Super Bowl.

1.  Mariota keeps progressing and solidifies himself as a top 10 QB in the NFL 
  2. OL plays at least as well as last year... with Conklin being allowed to play on his own more often, with the same results.
  3.  Mariota's options have a bigger impact... playmakers make plays.
  4.  Defense improves from last year.  A few more sacks, some more consistency in the secondary.
  5.  All teams need a little luck to make it to the SB... luck that a couple of bounces, a couple calls go their way... luck that they're not hit by the injury bug... and the luck of the draw in the playoffs.  

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I think the Patriots are getting a bit overrated at this point. They're great. For sure. But so many people are just handing them the SB . They arguably only got better at one position this offseason. They should unquestionably be the favorites going into the season, but they aren't unbeatable. I think a lot of their hype stems from an epic collapse and an incredibly lucky, terrible pass that Edelman came up with.

That's not to say I think we have a real shot to beat them this year. But, on paper, this isn't even the best Patriots team of the last decade. And even that team didn't win a Super Bowl.

The thing with them is they don't take the foot off the gas after having the biggest comeback in SB history they keep getting better. They got rid tub of goo Blount who wasn't really that good for them. Yes he had an occasional big run vs a bad team but most of his work was from the 1 yard line but they move on from him and bring in Burkheadt Gillisle (I'm sure i spelled that wrong). They added Cooks and Dwayne Allen to there receiving core. On defense they did lose a lot of players like Ryan and Sheard but they did bring back Hightower they signed David Harris and signed Gilmore. It's hard not to pick these guys but if there is one position they could be voulnable at is defense as crazy at that sounds at the run defense part of it but I still expect the AFC Championship game to be played in NE and only 1 QB has ever beaten them in that building in an AFC Championship game and that was Joe Flacco. 

Archived