Week 8 GDT: Raiders vs @Jags

drfrey13

Going to start this one early so we can make sure we are prepared for Sunday.  Hopefully the paid professionals can follow our lead and have the same mindset.  

Nobody likes hearing it but it is week 8 and it is do or die time.

This will also allow us to forget about the last game as quick as possible.

Edited by drfrey13
  • Like 1

This is it.  We bounce back and give ourselves a glimmer of hope or we start planning on what we want to do in the offseason. 

My guess is they'll be fine because they stayed on the east coast.  I had hoped moving to Vegas and being at least an hour closer would help with the earlier east coast games, but clearly not.

Does this team have any heart to scratch and claw their way out of this hole?

1 hour ago, true2form said:

This is it.  We bounce back and give ourselves a glimmer of hope or we start planning on what we want to do in the offseason. 

My guess is they'll be fine because they stayed on the east coast.  I had hoped moving to Vegas and being at least an hour closer would help with the earlier east coast games, but clearly not.

Does this team have any heart to scratch and claw their way out of this hole?

Vegas is in the pacific time zone 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Was that when carr slid inbounds?

Yeah. If they didn’t stop the clock at that point the game is over.

And then we pick #6 instead of #4 in the draft, and who knows where things go from there…

…which is probably to the exact same place because Clelin Ferrell would have still be on the board a couple of picks later anyway and Grudock still pick him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Yeah. If they didn’t stop the clock at that point the game is over.

And then we pick #6 instead of #4 in the draft, and who knows where things go from there…

…which is probably to the exact same place because Clelin Ferrell would have still be on the board a couple of picks later anyway and Grudock still pick him.

Lol sad but true it’s rough being a raiders fan

I can see us losing this game doing to the fact that it's in Florida. The only two games we won this season have been home games against inferior teams. This time we're playing an inferior team in a different time zone(The coach is superior though)

Edited by Jeremy408

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Patrick Graham is about to make Trevor Lawrence look like the "better than Marino, Elway, Montana, Manning, Brady, and Rodgers combined" QB some folks think he is. 

Jags 27

Raiders 13

Ooof, if this occurs we will be a lock for a top 10 pick.  The sad thing is that it very well may happen. 

If we are shut out by the Saints and then embarrassed by the Jags this season is toast. 

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Ooof, if this occurs we will be a lock for a top 10 pick.  The sad thing is that it very well may happen. 

If we are shut out by the Saints and then embarrassed by the Jags this season is toast. 

It's more likely than most people would think because we've always struggled with the whole time zone difference. I can see that presenting hidden challenges. And yes of course they have a more inferior roster than ours