College Football Playoff Rankings

cp0k2

51 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It's not who they beat, silly. It's who they lost to. They lost to LSU, the SEC West champs and #5 team in the CFP rankings. And Alabama, who is #7 in the CFP rankings, who cares if their best win is...Ole Miss. And a very underrated Arkansas team that may be 6-5, but this is an SEC schedule so they're really like 8-3 by that metric. And Mississippi State, another 8-4 team with losses to LSU and Alabama, plus a loss to #1 Georgia! Those are all basically the best losses you can have, some might say those losses are better than wins. SEC! SEC! SEC!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MWil23 said:

And that’s fine so long as the committee stays consistent on the criteria. We have had 2 losses held against teams or blowout losses held against teams and LSU has both, one of which is was a home blowout loss. The CFP is sending the message that those don’t matter if you play in the SEC. That’s my point as to why expansion is a good thing.

It does stay consistent, SEC gets pumped up. You just don't like the consistency they are showing.

Only half joking

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So...

1.) Georgia
2.) Michigan
3.) TCU
4.) USC
5.) Ohio State
6.) Alabama

Right?

1. I still think OSU is a top 4 team, personally. Though I'd agree they likely are out

2. I think there is a 50/50 chance Bama is 5 and OSU 6. Their two losses are to good teams, on the road, on the last play. OSU only has the one loss and to a great opponent but it was a drumming at home. To be clear, as I said in point 1, I think OSU should be 4, but it would not shock me at all if the committee did this.

Ultimately OSU and Alabama are gonna come down to who the committee wants in the playoff. Because there won't be any basis to switch with neither playing. So they have to set it up now for if TCU or USC slip up.

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So...

1.) Georgia
2.) Michigan
3.) TCU
4.) USC
5.) Ohio State
6.) Alabama

Right?

If i had to guess i would think so but honestly the usc and osu one is a tough choice.  Neither of them played super hard schedules but also not really easy ones either.   OSU's loss was to a top 3 team in the country but it wasn't a close loss.   USC's loss was to a at the time i think 20th Utah team but it was by only 1 point.  I will say though that USC does get a championship game right and if they win that one that should give them that 1 extra win putting them in the top 4 if those championship games count for the final rankings which i think they do right?

If Washington can end up beating washington state tonight then i think that puts Utah in the championship game against USC with all the other wins and losses that happened earlier today.   If thats true then USC has a chance to go against and beat Utah their only loss and if they can do that then i think you have to put them in for sure if they can rectify their only blemish in the end.

Edited by FalconFan13

On 11/26/2022 at 11:34 PM, mse326 said:

1. I still think OSU is a top 4 team, personally. Though I'd agree they likely are out

2. I think there is a 50/50 chance Bama is 5 and OSU 6. Their two losses are to good teams, on the road, on the last play. OSU only has the one loss and to a great opponent but it was a drumming at home. To be clear, as I said in point 1, I think OSU should be 4, but it would not shock me at all if the committee did this.

Ultimately OSU and Alabama are gonna come down to who the committee wants in the playoff. Because there won't be any basis to switch with neither playing. So they have to set it up now for if TCU or USC slip up.

Ohio State should be #5 mitchigan should be #1 and if USC loses to Utah, they should be in the playoffs. Bama has 1 less win and 1 more loss. But I might have vengeance on my mind though. So take my opinion for what's it's worth. 

MC