College Football Playoff Rankings

cp0k2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I still maintain 8 is the perfect number. All Power 5 conference champs with 3 at large. Only 1 extra game, regular season still matters but you’re not penalized for an out of conference loss against a quality opponent.

I love the 12 team format. Gets you the 6 highest ranked conference champions and then 6 at large bids. Expands the field and appeases the top tier programs by getting them into the dance. 

I would like to see the meaning of regular season be pushed as hard as possible, at least. Like, maybe the first round, the higher seed gets a regional game, and then you build into the tropical bowl season from there. It’ll never happen, but it would make things interesting in my opinion.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I love the 12 team format. Gets you the 6 highest ranked conference champions and then 6 at large bids. Expands the field and appeases the top tier programs by getting them into the dance. 

12 is better then what we have now. 4 with 5 power conferences was doomed for controversy before it started, not even counting Notre Dame or even now the expectation and precedent of 2 SEC schools making it.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I still maintain 8 is the perfect number. All Power 5 conference champs with 3 at large. Only 1 extra game, regular season still matters but you’re not penalized for an out of conference loss against a quality opponent.

Nah, top 5 ranked conference champs.  Power 5 champs shouldn't get a freebie.  I mean what if for example Iowa or whoever were to beat Ohio State/Michigan in some fluke game.  Do you really think they would deserve to get in over a Group of 5 champ with a better resume?

6 minutes ago, Raves said:

Nah, top 5 ranked conference champs.  Power 5 champs shouldn't get a freebie.  I mean what if for example Iowa or whoever were to beat Ohio State/Michigan in some fluke game.  Do you really think they would deserve to get in over a Group of 5 champ with a better resume?

First of all, it will rarely happen, but I’d take that over what we have now. It’s essentially what the SEC is getting with LSU as well as when they artificially inflated a 2 loss Auburn into the Top 4 a few years ago before they lost 4 games.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

First of all, it will rarely happen, but I’d take that over what we have now. It’s essentially what the SEC is getting with LSU as well as when they artificially inflated a 2 loss Auburn into the Top 4 a few years ago before they lost 4 games.

one of those two losses was an ooc game on the road against a playoff team and auburn beat the number 1 team in the country twice in the last three weeks and if they had won the sec would've had three top 5 wins in the last four weeks of the season. before the sec championship they were closer to being the number 1 team in the country than number 5

11 hours ago, catcheryea said:

one of those two losses was an ooc game on the road against a playoff team and auburn beat the number 1 team in the country twice in the last three weeks and if they had won the sec would've had three top 5 wins in the last four weeks of the season. before the sec championship they were closer to being the number 1 team in the country than number 5

And that’s fine so long as the committee stays consistent on the criteria. We have had 2 losses held against teams or blowout losses held against teams and LSU has both, one of which is was a home blowout loss. The CFP is sending the message that those don’t matter if you play in the SEC. That’s my point as to why expansion is a good thing.

• Like 1

And that’s fine so long as the committee stays consistent on the criteria. We have had 2 losses held against teams or blowout losses held against teams and LSU has both, one of which is was a home blowout loss. The CFP is sending the message that those don’t matter if you play in the SEC. That’s my point as to why expansion is a good thing.

Not too mention, Hendon Hooker is done for the year yet they didn't reflect that in the current rankings by keeping Tennessee 10th. All that's intended for is to strengthen Georgia's resume or make LSU's loss "look better" for end of season resume. Also, not too mention, Tennessee just got boatraced by unranked South Carolina. Zero reason they should be #10 right now.

Edited by beekay414

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Not too mention, Hendon Hooker is done for the year yet they didn't reflect that in the current rankings by keeping Tennessee 10th. All that's intended for is to strengthen Georgia's resume or make LSU's loss "look better" for end of season resume. Also, not too mention, Tennessee just got boatraced by unranked South Carolina. Zero reason they should be #10 right now.

I’d have them higher than Alabama and LSU tbh

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’d have them higher than Alabama and LSU tbh

I wouldn't. You have to factor in the loss of Hooker and just how bad of a loss that was at SCar. They had the playoffs on a silver platter for the most part and got boatraced by a 6-4 team.

Edited by beekay414

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I wouldn't. You have to factor in the loss of Hooker and just how bad of a loss that was at SCar. They had the playoffs on a silver platter for the most part and got boatraced by a 6-4 team.

They beat LSU on their own home field by the same amount they lost by. Hooker’s impact is also a virtual mystery at this point on his impact as well. Head to head beat downs matter IMO.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They beat LSU on their own home field by the same amount they lost by. Hooker’s impact is also a virtual mystery at this point on his impact as well. Head to head beat downs matter IMO.

And one happened much earlier in the season. Losing Hooker and losing big to a far worse team in late November means more to me than beating LSU in early October. They'd have no business being ahead of LSU or Bama right now, regardless of H2H matchups.

Edited by beekay414

i agree with you, but neither lsu's or utk's situation this year is equivalent to auburn that year

So when Mississippi State beats Ole Miss and they're both 8-4, they gonna rank both of them for SoS? Despite the fact that Ole Miss will have dropped 3 in a row including a game they got boatraced by 5-5 Arkansas and only lost by 15 because Arkansas gave them 3 mercy TDs?

Edited by beekay414

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So when Mississippi State beats Ole Miss and they're both 8-4, they gonna rank both of them for SoS? Despite the fact that Ole Miss will have dropped 3 in a row including a game they got boatraced by 5-5 Arkansas and only lost by 15 because Arkansas gave them 3 mercy TDs?

Channel 9 Luke GIF by The Block

• Like 1