Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Want Snyder gone but I think I would rather another owner but sometimes beggars can’t be choosy. 

I think we had to know all along once this team went for sale who was buying it. Apparently Bezos had been waiting for this and not getting involved with the Broncos was the giveaway. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Yep.

Bezos + Jay-Z + MM + ? = clown show

clown show > Snyder

Why would that be a clown show? Bezos isn’t a clown, neither are Jay-Z or McConaughey. I will forever say that Snyder/Jason Wright missed a golden opportunity when they didn’t have Matthew McConaughey narrate some kind of script with a video for the unveiling of the Commanders name.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Why would that be a clown show? Bezos isn’t a clown, neither are Jay-Z or McConaughey. I will forever say that Snyder/Jason Wright missed a golden opportunity when they didn’t have Matthew McConaughey narrate some kind of script with a video for the unveiling of the Commanders name.

My God, was that reveal lame or what ? But actually, the name itself is so lame - the reveal was perfect. It was what it deserved. It was totally cringe worthy. 

sick cringe GIF

“Over the weekend, multiple reports indicated that if Dan Snyder does sell the Washington Commanders, the sale could be finalized as soon as March at the NFL’s owners’ meeting in Phoenix. That’s less than five months from now.

While that timeline may seem surprising, it wouldn’t be out of the norm from how the NFLhas operated over the last eight years. Since 2014, three teams — the Denver Broncos, Carolina Panthers, and Buffalo Bills — have been sold on the open market. All three sold within seven months — a reflection of how quickly deals can come together for properties that are rarely, if ever, available.

Take the Broncos’ sale, for instance. The future of the team lingered for years after owner Pat Bowlen’s death in 2019 as family members tried to wrestle control of the franchise. But once the Broncos confirmed they were officially for sale in February 2022, an ownership group led by Walmart heir Rob Walton reached an agreement to buy the franchise just four months later for a record $4.65 billion.“

Edited by turtle28

PFT 
Report: Red Sox owner John Henry is a possible bidder for the Commanders

Henry recently commenced the process of selling Liverpool of the Premier League. The transaction reportedly is expected to generate $4 billion to $5 billion. After offsetting the debt, Henry reportedly would have between $2 billion and $3 billion.

An unnamed source told the Post that Henry wants to own an NFL team, and that he’ll consider the Commanders.

Several names have been linked to the Commanders, including Jeff Bezos, Mat Ishbia, and Byron Allen. Over the weekend, PFT reported that at least six credible potential majority owners have expressed preliminary interest in buying the team.

If not the Commanders, Henry likely will have to wait for 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

PFT 
Report: Red Sox owner John Henry is a possible bidder for the Commanders

Henry recently commenced the process of selling Liverpool of the Premier League. The transaction reportedly is expected to generate $4 billion to $5 billion. After offsetting the debt, Henry reportedly would have between $2 billion and $3 billion.

An unnamed source told the Post that Henry wants to own an NFL team, and that he’ll consider the Commanders.

Several names have been linked to the Commanders, including Jeff Bezos, Mat Ishbia, and Byron Allen. Over the weekend, PFT reported that at least six credible potential majority owners have expressed preliminary interest in buying the team.

If not the Commanders, Henry likely will have to wait for 

We’re waiting…