Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/11/10/commanders-alert-fans-to-unrefunded-security-deposits/

This article basically states that the team admits it hasn't refunded deposits to ticket holders. 

My favorite part:

The letter also contends that the team “previously sent you a letter to alert you of this balance, but did not receive a response,” and that “state law may require the Team to report and/or remit the funds in your account to the state if you do no claim them.”

Sure, Jan. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The mistake wasn't the announcement.  The mistake was to hype up the announcement the day before. Honestly if this was any other owner this would be huge news.  With Snyder its like, oh ya another lawsuit that makes sense. 

I'm so sadistic at this point, I was hoping there was some current sexual assault allegations from after the culture change that expedited the sale. 

(I do not want someone to go through a sexual misconduct. No one should ever go through anything against their will or without their blessing) 

It would be nice if this nightmare could end sooner rather than later. 

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also it’s a civil suit……taking a step back here. They are overreaching and this is a waste of taxpayer dollars 

Yep grandstanding in the biggest way.

If they screw up the sale of the team over this, i'm gonna be pissed.

On 11/8/2022 at 12:54 PM, turtle28 said:

Why would that be a clown show? Bezos isn’t a clown, neither are Jay-Z or McConaughey. I will forever say that Snyder/Jason Wright missed a golden opportunity when they didn’t have Matthew McConaughey narrate some kind of script with a video for the unveiling of the Commanders name.

One of the things I would like is if the famous folks who are getting involved would all be people with an actual genuine connection to and love for the team. 

Obviously, Jay-Z has money on a different level than these other celebrity types, so he would be a bit more of a meaningful financial investor than most famous minority owners are. But if they’re going to be involving other ones, I’d love to see it be limited to people like McConaughey, Kevin Durant, Dale Earnhardt Jr., etc. The ones who have truly been affiliated with this franchise forever. 

We can’t bring back the feelings associated with the Redskins, all the emotions tied in with RFK and Joe Gibbs and the Hogs and the Posse and the greatest team of all-time and all the rest. But we do share a nostalgic connection with all the people who lived that and walked that same path. It would be nice to have a good portion of the prominent people in the “ownership group” share that with us, too. Just makes it feel a little bit more personal, like they’ve invested more than just their money and care about more than just their profits.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The mistake wasn't the announcement.  The mistake was to hype up the announcement the day before. Honestly if this was any other owner this would be huge news.  With Snyder its like, oh ya another lawsuit that makes sense. 

The other mistake was spelling “tomorrow” with two M’s in their hype-up announcement, which immediately caused me to disregard the seriousness of their pending breaking news. People competent enough to bring down billionaires don’t misspell basic words in their press release promising an announcement about their efforts to bring down a billionaire.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

The other mistake was spelling “tomorrow” with two M’s in their hype-up announcement, which immediately caused me to disregard the seriousness of their pending breaking news. People competent enough to bring down billionaires don’t misspell basic words in their press release promising an announcement about their efforts to bring down a billionaire.

Maybe they were using Jason Wright's team to write the press release? Oh no, I guess if that was the case they would have mis-spelled Snyder's name.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

You’d think spellcheck would catch that one! 😂 

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

One of the things I would like is if the famous folks who are getting involved would all be people with an actual genuine connection to and love for the team. 

Obviously, Jay-Z has money on a different level than these other celebrity types, so he would be a bit more of a meaningful financial investor than most famous minority owners are. But if they’re going to be involving other ones, I’d love to see it be limited to people like McConaughey, Kevin Durant, Dale Earnhardt Jr., etc. The ones who have truly been affiliated with this franchise forever. 

We can’t bring back the feelings associated with the Redskins, all the emotions tied in with RFK and Joe Gibbs and the Hogs and the Posse and the greatest team of all-time and all the rest. But we do share a nostalgic connection with all the people who lived that and walked that same path. It would be nice to have a good portion of the prominent people in the “ownership group” share that with us, too. Just makes it feel a little bit more personal, like they’ve invested more than just their money and care about more than just their profits.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians Same Page GIF by E!