Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ownership:

"We deny everything that we have been accused of."

Also ownership:

"We are again trying to return refund money that you never claimed."

"We need to settle this as quickly as possible as to not draw any more negative publicity while we try to sell the team."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Ownership:

"We deny everything that we have been accused of."

Also ownership:

"We are again trying to return refund money that you never claimed."

"We need to settle this as quickly as possible as to not draw any more negative publicity while we try to sell the team."

250K is a drop in the bucket for these types of lawsuits and is nothing compared to the costs of lawyers.  I doubt the deposits are all that much or they wouldn't have done it. 

This is why there are so many settlements for corporate employee cases.  The court process is so expensive.  Even arbitration, even if the corp wins, generally costs more than a settlement. 

This is a win for everyone.  I think this is a huge win for the Snyders as it closes the book on this completely.  It is a win for the AG because they get to act like they won the lawsuit.  I also see this going away as a win for the fans because I don't want anything impinging the sale of the team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

250K is a drop in the bucket for these types of lawsuits and is nothing compared to the costs of lawyers.  I doubt the deposits are all that much or they wouldn't have done it. 

This is why there are so many settlements for corporate employee cases.  The court process is so expensive.  Even arbitration, even if the corp wins, generally costs more than a settlement. 

This is a win for everyone.  I think this is a huge win for the Snyders as it closes the book on this completely.  It is a win for the AG because they get to act like they won the lawsuit.  I also see this going away as a win for the fans because I don't want anything impinging the sale of the team.

I’m sure even if the people get back a few hundred dollars that they’ll appreciate that.

17 hours ago, offbyone said:

Also depends on the organization.  My stepfather worked for PG County Park and Planning, and they have lawyers on staff, paid a yearly salary.  Someone was suing them, and kept trying to work them down and my stepfather was an expert witness, and they kept telling the plaintiff “we aren’t settling, we’re on salary” and the guy eventually sued his own buddy.  

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also depends on the organization.  My stepfather worked for PG County Park and Planning, and they have lawyers on staff, paid a yearly salary.  Someone was suing them, and kept trying to work them down and my stepfather was an expert witness, and they kept telling the plaintiff “we aren’t settling, we’re on salary” and the guy eventually sued his own buddy.  

Agree, staff lawyers help at least with that initial push back.  But if it goes further it gets expensive.  Most corps have arbitration processes and with that you have huge costs, witness testimony, investigation, work disruption, judge, etc.

Just look at our likely new owner's issues with this, search "amazon arbitration":

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/amazon-drops-arbitration-requirement-after-facing-75000-demands

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...