Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

I would prefer the team be named the Hogs and if these guys do this trademarking crap then we lose that.

They really want to trademark their own nick name that was given to them for money?  Geez.

You can't go back in time and trademark things like this.  

I guess I was hoping the mascot would be the Hogs which would allow me to continue to feel tied to the past.  If it is a dog I am going to be so annoyed.

Anyways, Jason Wright is so bad.

No, the team will have to pay them for it. And it’s not about the team name, it’s about the mascot.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

No, the team will have to pay them for it. And it’s not about the team name, it’s about the mascot.

If true, that would really give me a poor view of those guys, doing a money grab that hurts the fans like that.  

Snyder isn't going to own the team much longer, why not give us a chance to be the Hogs.  

6 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If true, that would really give me a poor view of those guys, doing a money grab that hurts the fans like that.  

Snyder isn't going to own the team much longer, why not give us a chance to be the Hogs.  

Really? After Snyder is just using their brand as his own? Again, screw Dan! I hope they get tens of millions from him. Those guys built this franbase which Dan inherited & then he destroyed within two decades.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Really? After Snyder is just using their brand as his own? Again, screw Dan! I hope they get tens of millions from him. Those guys built this franbase which Dan inherited & then he destroyed within two decades.

Why even keep the team at all then?  Why not just move to another city and completely throw in the towel.  

That isn't how I feel.  I want to keep the history.  To me it is more important than the owner.  It isn't like Bezos is associated with our history, would it be ok for us to be the hogs under him?   

I don't hate Snyder so much I want to take it out on myself or the other fans or my family who were fans before me.

4 hours ago, offbyone said:

Why even keep the team at all then?  Why not just move to another city and completely throw in the towel.  

That isn't how I feel.  I want to keep the history.  To me it is more important than the owner.  It isn't like Bezos is associated with our history, would it be ok for us to be the hogs under him?   

I don't hate Snyder so much I want to take it out on myself or the other fans or my family who were fans before me.

Come On Please GIF by NBA

Just think this time next year we could have a new owner and a much better roster all around without possible media leaks and who knows this could be the beginning of something. But until he has signed it’s still not real. But hopefully whoever it is even though I think we all know who it will be; hopefully they can just bring a better presence to this team and we click on and off the field

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Just think this time next year we could have a new owner and a much better roster all around without possible media leaks and who knows this could be the beginning of something. But until he has signed it’s still not real. But hopefully whoever it is even though I think we all know who it will be; hopefully they can just bring a better presence to this team and we click on and off the field

9P Click GIF by 9 Pandas

On 12/26/2022 at 10:33 PM, offbyone said:

I would prefer the team be named the Hogs and if these guys do this trademarking crap then we lose that.

They really want to trademark their own nick name that was given to them for money?  Geez.

You can't go back in time and trademark things like this.  

I guess I was hoping the mascot would be the Hogs which would allow me to continue to feel tied to the past.  If it is a dog I am going to be so annoyed.

Anyways, Jason Wright is so bad.

I disagree. Bugel said they looked like a bunch of hogs wrestling in the mud. So they started making Hogs t-shirts and wore them. It took off from there. From my understanding of IP law, they can absolutely TM the name and likeness.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I disagree. Bugel said they looked like a bunch of hogs wrestling in the mud. So they started making Hogs t-shirts and wore them. It took off from there. From my understanding of IP law, they can absolutely TM the name and likeness.

You are probably right, but my motivation here is just that I want the hogs to be associated with the team because it makes me nostalgic.  Purely personal motivation.  

In my experience, every employee contract I have ever signed or asked someone to sign as a W2 or 1099 contractor there was always a clause in the contract that said any work, ideas or intellectual property while on the job becomes inherited by the business.  I mean, shoot, it was 40 years ago.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, offbyone said:

You are probably right, but my motivation here is just that I want the hogs to be associated with the team because it makes me nostalgic.  Purely personal motivation.  

In my experience, every employee contract I have ever signed or asked someone to sign as a W2 or 1099 contractor there was always a clause in the contract that said any work, ideas or intellectual property while on the job becomes inherited by the business.  I mean, shoot, it was 40 years ago.  

Same here, and I know that more than most (*). Also, if you go back through them, the ideas and IP usually pertain to the job at hand. If I got an idea while working for a new ice cream maker and used no company resources to sketch it out then they would have a hard time getting control over it. But I think there's something in NFL contracts that might allow them to get $$ benefit from branding as a result of what they do for the team. 

(*) my grandfather came up with an improvement for the standard refrigerator coil. Couldn't take ownership of the idea because he came up with it while working on the clock while working on improvements to the refrigerator. Had he done it in his basement, I'd be a very rich man.

It's also why when I wrote my first 6 books, I would go to lunch...away from work...and used my own laptop to write during lunch (when I did my writing sessions during the workday). This way, I was not using company resources to produce my IP. Now I'm working from home and don't have to worry about it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Same here, and I know that more than most (*). Also, if you go back through them, the ideas and IP usually pertain to the job at hand. If I got an idea while working for a new ice cream maker and used no company resources to sketch it out then they would have a hard time getting control over it. But I think there's something in NFL contracts that might allow them to get $$ benefit from branding as a result of what they do for the team. 

(*) my grandfather came up with an improvement for the standard refrigerator coil. Couldn't take ownership of the idea because he came up with it while working on the clock while working on improvements to the refrigerator. Had he done it in his basement, I'd be a very rich man.

It's also why when I wrote my first 6 books, I would go to lunch...away from work...and used my own laptop to write during lunch (when I did my writing sessions during the workday). This way, I was not using company resources to produce my IP. Now I'm working from home and don't have to worry about it. 

Brutal story.  It is the kind of thing no one really thinks of until something like that happens to them.  Ownership is tricky.  It took me a long time into my adult life before I realized I needed to actually read my employment contracts.

*One day you will have share about these books.  Not sure what type they are, but that is a big accomplishment.  There is nothing like knowing someone might read and enjoy or learn from your work.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Kinda worried we haven't heard anything about the bids. I still think he's going to try and hold onto the team until right before the loan needs to be paid and then he sells. 

I think this is going to be a longer process than beat reporters anticipated & us fans. I don’t see us getting a new owner till next summer sometime & by then the offseason will essentially be over w/ FA & of course the draft.

• Like 1