Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

This isn't like an ebay auction.  There is likely a lot of back and forth discovery. 

And likely Snyder will settle on a bidder and then negotiations will have to occur.  There are a lot of pieces to this that will need to be negotiated.  For instance, the stadium.  Obviously long term new owner wants to build a new stadium, but that is a long process even if everyone is supporting the owner.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2022 at 11:44 PM, offbyone said:

Brutal story.  It is the kind of thing no one really thinks of until something like that happens to them.  Ownership is tricky.  It took me a long time into my adult life before I realized I needed to actually read my employment contracts.

*One day you will have share about these books.  Not sure what type they are, but that is a big accomplishment.  There is nothing like knowing someone might read and enjoy or learn from your work.

I think some others might have read my books. As Webby has a no self-promotion rule I'll let them clue you in to where to find them

20 hours ago, offbyone said:

This isn't like an ebay auction.  There is likely a lot of back and forth discovery. 

And likely Snyder will settle on a bidder and then negotiations will have to occur.  There are a lot of pieces to this that will need to be negotiated.  For instance, the stadium.  Obviously long term new owner wants to build a new stadium, but that is a long process even if everyone is supporting the owner.

Yup. I mean, if we want to get this done quickly (or at least quicker than most) then we have to hope Bezos buys the team. Because with some of those things, they are so small to him that he might just say, "whatever, I'll grab it and worry about it later, I just want the team now!".

In short, he can throw $$$ at things that other bidders might not be able to. He could literally pay all in cash if he wanted to to grease the skids. 

But you're absolutely right, there's a lot to go through here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 10:32 PM, IHatesnyder said:

Well if it is Josh Harris I see that he’s from Chevy chase Maryland . Idk to much about him as an owner but at this point he seems more professional than Snyder . 

Harris has allowed his Staff to do their jobs from everything I’ve heard as far as Philly when they were completely void of talent and we’re picking early every year. Honestly no matter who it is hopefully they are patient and hands off owners that’s really the best you can hope for. Trust the football minds but make sure you have smart capable football minds doing their jobs. Personally I feel like we have those in house. I actually still believe in Ron and their player selections and development. I can’t blame him for two all pros on the OL leaving when they clearly were done here because of the previous regime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Seriously? Can we not just be done with him completely?

I mean who knows.  It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he wants to keep a stake.  But I think we are in rumor slinging season on this sale.  It isn't just Snyder, every interested party, not to mention every journalist who wants a headline is making stuff up at this point. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

I mean who knows.  It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he wants to keep a stake.  But I think we are in rumor slinging season on this sale.  It isn't just Snyder, every interested party, not to mention every journalist who wants a headline is making stuff up at this point. 

Yeah, I get that. I just want to never have to say Dan Snyder and Owner (even minority owner) of this team again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Refusing to sell to Bezos, now might want to keep a minority stake in the company...

This dude isn't going anywhere. I was foolish to fall for his BS again. 

If the headlines don't read he sold the whole team, there is no progress.

If he's out as the majority owner then there absolutely is progress. He'd be a silent minority retaining anything. I'm honestly not as worried about that. Do I want him 100% out? Yes. But if he's not controlling the D2D then that is most important. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

If he's out as the majority owner then there absolutely is progress. He'd be a silent minority retaining anything. I'm honestly not as worried about that. Do I want him 100% out? Yes. But if he's not controlling the D2D then that is most important. 

He is a huge black stain on this franchise. The needs to be completely gone so we don't have to deal with anymore "Dan Snyder Drama". Him staying on in any capacity, IMO, is utterly unacceptable. He HAS to go completely.

• Like 1