Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

He is a huge black stain on this franchise. The needs to be completely gone so we don't have to deal with anymore "Dan Snyder Drama". Him staying on in any capacity, IMO, is utterly unacceptable. He HAS to go completely.

I do at least WISH and HOPE for all that. 100%.

Bare minimum, just get him out of majority owner if that's what it takes. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I get that. I just want to never have to say Dan Snyder and Owner (even minority owner) of this team again

I am with you.  Either sell it all or quit playing games with us!

I am trying to imagine Snyder's perspective and why he would even want to be a minority owner.  He very well knows firsthand that minority owners essentially have zero power or say or really any privileges of use.  It is likely a lot cheaper to buy a luxury box annually with cash.  The status signaling that comes with a minority share will never compete with him owning a team outright for decades.  So what is the reason?

The only benefit I can think is that he wants a clause in there that says if owner sells team in future, Snyder gets first right of refusal to purchase based upon some kind of third party valuation.  Maybe his intention is to leave this minority stake to his kids with the idea that maybe one day they can swoop back in and right the ship.  But honestly that sounds pretty far fetched.  So I am guessing it is all bs.  If I am a bidder, part of what makes the deal is that I could acquire the entire 100% free and clear with no minority stakeholders attached.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, offbyone said:

I am trying to imagine Snyder's perspective and why he would even want to be a minority owner.  He very well knows firsthand that minority owners essentially have zero power or say or really any privileges of use.  It is likely a lot cheaper to buy a luxury box annually with cash.  The status signaling that comes with a minority share will never compete with him owning a team outright for decades.  So what is the reason?

The only benefit I can think is that he wants a clause in there that says if owner sells team in future, Snyder gets first right of refusal to purchase based upon some kind of third party valuation.  Maybe his intention is to leave this minority stake to his kids with the idea that maybe one day they can swoop back in and right the ship.  But honestly that sounds pretty far fetched.  So I am guessing it is all bs.  If I am a bidder, part of what makes the deal is that I could acquire the entire 100% free and clear with no minority stakeholders attached.  

Once Snyder is gone he nor his family will ever be allowed back in. I can't imagine someone allowing him to be a minority owner especially if they want the stadium back in DC. DC would never sell that land to a team that has Snyder as a part of it in any capacity. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I do at least WISH and HOPE for all that. 100%.

Bare minimum, just get him out of majority owner if that's what it takes. 

Right heck that could be best case he sells 75% then gets indicted and loses the other 25% as karma 🤣🤣🤣

59 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Right heck that could be best case he sells 75% then gets indicted and loses the other 25% as karma 🤣🤣🤣

I mean he can't realistically think that his name can remain anywhere associated with this franchise with all these allegations going on, right?

Edited by Slappy Mc

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Once Snyder is gone he nor his family will ever be allowed back in. I can't imagine someone allowing him to be a minority owner especially if they want the stadium back in DC. DC would never sell that land to a team that has Snyder as a part of it in any capacity. 

I agree, so many reasons why it is hard to imagine this happening.  It would be a toxic cloud for the new ownership and more importantly reduce the sale price for Snyder.  

One thing I am not sure about though is ownership terms.  Like you always hear "Snyder and his family own 100%" ... Does that mean kids or someone owns specific pieces?  I wish I knew.

But if other family members own shares outright, like one of his kids, could they refuse to sell their share and retain a minority share?  Or is it baked it to any ownership that they lose rights if a sale occurs?  Details, details.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 11:54 AM, lavar703 said:

I'm warming up to the idea of Harris but I think Bezos is just going to swoop in at the last minute and outbid everyone. Seems like the logical outcome. 

Bezos more than likely wants to buy the Seahawks seeing as he lives in Seattle. 

On 1/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, offbyone said:

I think he’d want a minority stake bc he can still make $ off the team even after selling the majority stake for $6-7 billion.

Just think about it, he can own let’s say 25% after selling his majority stake & then Bezos or whomever gets the franchise back to the old days from the 70s-late 90s when it was such a cash cow & everyone wanted to go to games. They’ll get a new stadium which will eventually bring in more revenue & Snyder will benefit from the team turning around under the new majority owners direction & bc of the new stadium w/o having to do anything or have his name drug through the mud anymore for being the worst owner in sports.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I really think in the end it’s going to Bezos, but we shall see. Maybe Bezos will wait it out for when Seattle goes up for sale.

I mean, the current owner said it could take decades to sell Seattle. It was her brothers wish to do so but my guess is she doesn’t want too and is trying to find a way to keep it.