Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

On 3/29/2023 at 3:18 AM, turtle28 said:

Sounds like Dan Snyder in 1999 tbh. They key for our next owner is to listen to & do what the football people he hires want to do & let them build the team & stay out of it. This is what Jack Kent Cooke did & why we were successful in the 70s, 80s & early 90s. We just need Harris & co. or whomever to stroke those checks for players that the FO/HC want. 

The next Owner’s biggest job is cultivating relationships with local & state/district politicians to get a new state of the art stadium.

Howard Gutman got me reallllly excited for Harris and Company

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

From what you read if this is the group that becomes the buyer, looks like you get RGIII as part of the package. Don’t really know how I feel about it and what would his role be as part of ownership. 

nothing-his few mill doesn't give him voice .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

nothing-his few mill doesn't give him voice .

Actually I think that’s all it would be. Is a public voice but I don’t think that’s as beloved as Robert probably thinks it is. He’s good on TV. But RG owning any part of this team worries me. But we will see I think we will all know soon. Heck knowing Snyder he’s saving the breaking news for 5 minutes before the draft so we have plenty to celebrate that day. Him thinking he’s trolling the NFL only to be celebrated to the highest degree on a football weekend that he’s gone 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Actually I think that’s all it would be. Is a public voice but I don’t think that’s as beloved as Robert probably thinks it is. He’s good on TV. But RG owning any part of this team worries me. But we will see I think we will all know soon. Heck knowing Snyder he’s saving the breaking news for 5 minutes before the draft so we have plenty to celebrate that day. Him thinking he’s trolling the NFL only to be celebrated to the highest degree on a football weekend that he’s gone 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah,  RG3 and his ego can please stay away.  

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

From what you read if this is the group that becomes the buyer, looks like you get RGIII as part of the package. Don’t really know how I feel about it and what would his role be as part of ownership. 

He’ll be an investor like Magic Johnson. Magic & RG3 don’t have the $ to own a big chunk but they can give some $ and invest in the team to make $ off it for their future.

I am kind of torn here, I know Bezos (for god knows what reason) is somewhat polarizing; however, one cannot deny  the competitive advantage he would bring to the table in regards to 

(1) Hiring coaches and front office executives

(2) Hiring support staff

(3) Facilities upgrades

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

I am kind of torn here, I know Bezos (for god knows what reason) is somewhat polarizing; however, one cannot deny  the competitive advantage he would bring to the table in regards to 

(1) Hiring coaches and front office executives

(2) Hiring support staff

(3) Facilities upgrades

I’m not torn at all. I’m very disappointed to think that Bezos is out. 

Cash rules so many things in the NFL — everything you mentioned, plus the flexibility it gives you in making personnel moves. And as we all know, many modern players are into their branding and life after football. Hard to imagine that having one of the absolute richest men on the planet, with all his ties to the omnipresent Amazon giant, wouldn’t make this an immediate destination for players. 

Harris and Rales and whatever else is fine — but it feels a little bit like drafting Joey Porter or Darnell Wright. “Meh. Could be worse. Probably will turn out fine.”

• Like 1