Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Not sure Rodgers is an east coast kind of guy. 

He didn’t seem to be when his list of his preferred teams came out, that’s for sure. Although I wonder how much of that had to do with his lady at the time being in films and such. 

The QB thing does seem like a stumbling block to a top coach, though. No one with options is coming here to take on a team with Heinicke, Howell, maybe Wentz, and a potential FA (Jimmy G?) or maybe the 15th pick or something. Is there anyone else who is established and could be on the move? Lamar? Carr? Or (and I hate even saying this) Kirk? Would any coach be interested in working with Justin Fields if the Bears stink enough to be in position for Stroud or Young? Seems farfetched. 

42 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Still doing some serious thinking on this.. Why? Why now? If you want to go way out on the limb where it's shaky and spindley-- Might one speculate , Property Settlement ? 

He's such a turd, he has to treat her badly at times. Maybe she wants to take the money and run . It's a wild thought but who knows. 

The teams value is at his discretion when he chooses to sell. If he is forced to sell, he will most likely make less. 

Also, I think he knows the investigations are going to yield incriminating evidence against him. If he sells the team, maybe the league "gets a verbal report" again.

Whatever gets him and his entire family the hell away from this once proud franchise, I'm all for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

He didn’t seem to be when his list of his preferred teams came out, that’s for sure. Although I wonder how much of that had to do with his lady at the time being in films and such. 

The QB thing does seem like a stumbling block to a top coach, though. No one with options is coming here to take on a team with Heinicke, Howell, maybe Wentz, and a potential FA (Jimmy G?) or maybe the 15th pick or something. Is there anyone else who is established and could be on the move? Lamar? Carr? Or (and I hate even saying this) Kirk? Would any coach be interested in working with Justin Fields if the Bears stink enough to be in position for Stroud or Young? Seems farfetched. 

If new owner was going all in on coach and QB wonder if you offer a DeShaun Watson type deal to Baltimore for Lamar if Ravens and Lamar still can't agree to contract.Whould Sean Payton/Lamar with are current roster and a energized fan base put us in a pot to contend for a Superbowl?

Guess the 1st thing a New Owner would have to decide is do you go all in on Talent right away hoping for more state funding for a good team with a new stadium or do you put your own money into Stadium and wait to go all in on 1st year in new place like Rams did.

33 minutes ago, e16bball said:

We do have a relatively young team otherwise, some interesting pieces on defense, and some fun WRs.  And a pretty clean cap sheet next year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Adam Schefter on ESPN:

“This is not a minority sell this a whole sale”

Schefty obviously knew all day what was up — it seemed as though he was weirdly adamant about the issue of Snyder “not needing money.” Hinting at something like this, I guess. His colleague DVN must have had him in the loop on this news.

Not kidding, we as a fanbase should take a page out of the Bills Mafia playbook and raise some money for a preferred charity of Don Van Natta (in particular), Seth Wickersham, and Tisha Thompson. Their story about Snyder attempting to blackmail the other owners FEELS like it was the thing that lit the fuse that finally imploded this rotten building once and for all.  

• Like 2

I hope with our new owner, we get a complete makeover, but keep the colors (Burgundy & Gold)

Go completely off grid with the new name, but very catchy & cool.

If we're Washington Prime? (Bejos owner)

B&G Optimus Prime transformer

If we're 

If it's Elon Musk?

Washington Starlink or Washington Tesla or something.

Something wild, crazy & cool.

If it isn't Redskins, I want it to be really cool & catchy.