Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

Congratulations! You guys deserve a owner that actually cares about the fans and the product that is out on the field.

I’m also confident that the new owner will be more helpful in getting a new stadium built for the Commanders than Snyder was. Plenty of hope for the future.

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 3

I keep seeing Byron Allen as someone who may be a potential bidder. He seems like a great guy but his net worth is all over the place from $350M to $800M. Either way, the guy isn't worth even $1B. It might sound silly to say but I'd rather have a super rich person who can afford the best of the best and doesn't need a ton of partners to buy in. This teams facilities and stadium have been bottom of the barrel for so long and we badly need to fix all of that. I just don't see how he could afford to buy the team and then put money back into it? 

Michael Phillips covers the team for the Richmond paper. Good article, front page today. He intimates the turning point was the pain caused by the fans at the Packers game . That Sunday during a montage celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness month, a picture of Tanya was shown on the big video board. ( Herself a survivor ) The crowd began to Boo lustily and starting chanting "Sell the team" !

Perhaps they realized the true hate the fans have for "The Snyders". The last straw ?

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Michael Phillips covers the team for the Richmond paper. Good article, front page today. He intimates the turning point was the pain caused by the fans at the Packers game . That Sunday during a montage celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness month, a picture of Tanya was shown on the big video board. ( Herself a survivor ) The crowd began to Boo lustily and starting chanting "Sell the team" !

Perhaps they realized the true hate the fans have for "The Snyders". The last straw ?

Part of it has to be that he's not a Commanders fan. He was a Redskins fan so I just don't think he cares about owning it as much anymore. I mean, lets be honest, even though we all love this team its not the same. Its not the team we grew up rooting for. There is some part of me that just doesn't feel the way I did when Hail to the Redskins would play or the iconic uniforms would be on the field. I think Snyder is feeling that too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I keep seeing Byron Allen as someone who may be a potential bidder. He seems like a great guy but his net worth is all over the place from $350M to $800M. Either way, the guy isn't worth even $1B. It might sound silly to say but I'd rather have a super rich person who can afford the best of the best and doesn't need a ton of partners to buy in. This teams facilities and stadium have been bottom of the barrel for so long and we badly need to fix all of that. I just don't see how he could afford to buy the team and then put money back into it? 

That's almost prime worst case example for minority stake ownership in the team then. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Part of it has to be that he's not a Commanders fan. He was a Redskins fan so I just don't think he cares about owning it as much anymore. I mean, lets be honest, even though we all love this team its not the same. Its not the team we grew up rooting for. There is some part of me that just doesn't feel the way I did when Hail to the Redskins would play or the iconic uniforms would be on the field. I think Snyder is feeling that too. 

I don’t believe any of that. He’s being forced out.  

A possible new owner. 

• Josh Harris - A billionaire from the private equity world, Harris is the primary owner of the New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia 76ers and is the general partner of Crystal Palace, an English soccer club. Harris grew up in Chevy Chase and attended The Field School in D.C. He made a serious run at buying the Broncos but ultimately refused to enter a bidding war against the Walton family of Wal-Mart fortune. According to Pro Football Talk, "The bottom line is that Harris is ready to pay $5 billion to buy an NFL franchise. He didn’t officially offer $5 billion for the Broncos because they couldn’t guarantee it would have gotten him the team." Now $5 billion is not enough to get the Commanders, but perhaps Harris is prepared to spend more, or he can find a partnership group to come up with more cash.