Week 9 GDT - Bears vs the Flipper Felons

Sugashane

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Not a fan of having Velus inactive at all.

The coaches are trying to win. He sucks. Taking him over Lucas was a huge mistake 

I already love these guys' willingness to not pick favorites based on contract and draft selection. Pace and Nagy stuck with guys for far too long even when it was obvious right off of the bat. Good on Poles and Eberflus

Edited by beardown3231

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The coaches are trying to win. He sucks. Taking him over Lucas was a huge mistake 

I already love these guys' willingness to not pick favorites based on contract and draft selection. Pace and Nagy stuck with guys for far too long even when it was obvious right off of the bat. Good on Poles and Eberflus

My issue is we have no idea if he sucks because he hasn't had enough reps...we aren't playing to win this year...we should be playing these guys to see what we have...now that said without seeing practice if he is killing Fields' progression then sure make him inactive but I just don't think we know enough right now.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

My issue is we have no idea if he sucks because he hasn't had enough reps...we aren't playing to win this year...we should be playing these guys to see what we have...now that said without seeing practice if he is killing Fields' progression then sure make him inactive but I just don't think we know enough right now.

The fact that a 3rd pick is inactive suggests that as of right now the coaching staff thinks he sucks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigbear72 said:

The fact that a 3rd pick is inactive suggests that as of right now the coaching staff thinks he sucks.

I hope it has nothing to do with draft status (it never should)...it's more to do with the fact he is a cheap option for the next three seasons after this and I would like to know if he is a long-term option or not...I already know what Pettis is...I don't know what Velus is and in a season like this that is what we should be trying to find out.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

I hope it has nothing to do with draft status (it never should)...it's more to do with the fact he is a cheap option for the next three seasons after this and I would like to know if he is a long-term option or not...I already know what Pettis is...I don't know what Velus is and in a season like this that is what we should be trying to find out.

My point was that just because we don’t know doesn’t mean that they don’t.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigbear72 said:

Maybe there is a reason that those were all the game reps that he got.

Maybe and like I said if he is slowing down Fields' progress then sit him but I just think he has such an ability to create chunk plays we have to give him more opportunities before we drop him.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Maybe and like I said if he is slowing down Fields' progress then sit him but I just think he has such an ability to create chunk plays we have to give him more opportunities before we drop him.

He’s fast and athletic. While nice, it doesn’t make you a football player. We need football players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Maybe there is a reason that those were all the game reps that he got.

Funny how every fan base thinks every draft pick is a good one until they're not. If the Bears aren't playing a healthy 3rd round draft pick, it's because they know the reality.

Maybe this will be a slap in Velus' face and he'll have a chip on his shoulder, but his hands and route running were a big issue in college and they'll likely continue to be.